Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help finding factory remote mounting bracket 2005 VRide

rhavey79

My $.02 is that it would be cheaper to strip and paint/powdercoat/plastidip than to buy a new one and it would probably look better that way. Looks like from the pic everything around it is black anyways and it would blend in.

Small hi-jack: has anyone ever had anything chrome re-dipped. Does all the existing chrome need to be removed? Or can you just sand it smooth? Trying to figure what kind prep work it takes to do this, every chromed piece on my boat is pitted and/or flaking. 06-07 years were particularly bad IME, I think in 08 it went to all or mostly stainless.

Small hi-jack: has anyone ever had anything chrome re-dipped. Does all the existing chrome need to be removed? Or can you just sand it smooth? Trying to figure what kind prep work it takes to do this, every chromed piece on my boat is pitted and/or flaking. 06-07 years were particularly bad IME, I think in 08 it went to all or mostly stainless.

Same question here. All four of the large 6" oval Malibu emblems on my 2005 are pitted. $100 per emblem means I need a cheaper alternative than $400 worth of new stainless steel replacements!

You typically dont have to do anything. You take it to the chrome shop and let them deal with it. The good ones know excatly what to do. I have had several aluminium parts re-chromed after they flaked or pitted. Most of the time they dip them in a chemical that helps strip the existing chrome, then they re- polish everything before it's replated. That's what you pay them for.

These guys do an excelent job and specialize in aluminium plating. I have had a ton of stuff done from them and I have been very pleased with the results.Owner is a family friend. http://www.meclec.com/main3.html

Edited by Bobby Bright

Same question here. All four of the large 6" oval Malibu emblems on my 2005 are pitted. $100 per emblem means I need a cheaper alternative than $400 worth of new stainless steel replacements!

If you guys find someone on our side of the country that does a good job let me know......I have yet to find anyone around Raleigh to do it. NDawg, I think there is supposed to be somewhere around Charlotte that does it.

If you guys find someone on our side of the country that does a good job let me know......I have yet to find anyone around Raleigh to do it. NDawg, I think there is supposed to be somewhere around Charlotte that does it.

I am currently working on an email and stealing pics from google to email to a guy about my chrome work. I'll let you know how it plays out. I told him I had "several" boating buddies that need work done to help with pricing :innocent: