Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speakers stick out too far.

sinclair-bu

Hi guys, I just did a stupid thing, bought a pair of 6x9's to replace my broken ones which were CV's they protuded about half inch from the trim, my new ones stick almost an inch, I was so concerned about getting a pair that would fill the hole did not even think about the thickness, anyway problem is now I cannot lift back of the seat to access storage or fuel tanks, so have to get another pair. Does anyone know where I can get pair that would work. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Hi guys, I just did a stupid thing, bought a pair of 6x9's to replace my broken ones which were CV's they protuded about half inch from the trim, my new ones stick almost an inch, I was so concerned about getting a pair that would fill the hole did not even think about the thickness, anyway problem is now I cannot lift back of the seat to access storage or fuel tanks, so have to get another pair. Does anyone know where I can get pair that would work. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Why are they not fitting? Is it that there isn't adequate depth for magnet clearance? Or, is it that the shape of the baskets are different so that one doesn't completely fit through the outer coaming panel opening?

No David, its the grill part that sticks out into rear sitting area, the back of the seat lifts up from the bottom, but now fouls on the speaker grills.

Perhaps a different, nearly flush grill and rear-load the speaker if you have the access?

Thats another stupid thing I did was not sure how to get the first one off and busted it doing so. :(

How about something like this, could you make these work? They look pretty flat and aren't too expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MEMPHIS-CAR-AUDIO-6X9-STEREO-SPEAKER-GRILL-COVER-BLACK-4-HOLE-TYPE-1-/331029427980?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Grills_Accs&hash=item4d12e4370c

Edited by Zombie

Stu - what is the current brand you have installed on the ol Setter? Take you speaker out and go see Dwayne or Dayton at Mobile Sounds, they will help you out.