Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking to Add a Heater

ahopkins22LSV

bottom line is you are cutting 3" holes in fiberglass somewhere to mount those heat tubes correct?

Not necessarily. You could put the hot-tubes in the gunnel and have the tubes come out an existing opening or cupholder (not sure about G23 interior configuration).

Where did you guys put the circulation pumps... In the engine compartment right after where you tapped in? Or closer to the heater core?

From what I have been informed (I'm installing a 2 heater in serial system) is that you place the pump as close to to engine as possible/practical.

This will also depend on whether it is ignition protected. The pumps sold with the heatercraft units are ip, but if u buy off eBay or such, u may not (should not) install a non ip pump in the engine bay.

^^^ :plus1: I'm not usually overly conservative/uptight about safety but last last summer I saw the direct effects of an engine ignition explosion. Never install anything not marine rated and ignition protected any where near the bilge.

I wired mine to a relay that is triggered by turning the fan on. I only run mine on the high setting, so that seemed like the easiest way to me. I didn't want to run the heater and the pump through the same switch (quite a bit of current) which is why I went the relay route. same for my second heater... it's on a separate relay. So I flip the heater switch and two heaters come on high and the pump starts pumping.