Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

hyperlite system bindings with marek boot

RLPBL

Just got these late season and took them out for a quick set the other day.

Mounted them on my '12 slingshot recoil board which had RAD bindings on it before.

Not sure how I feel about the system bindings yet. They are definitely super responsive, but I could feel every single ripple in the water. It was a very calm evening with litterally only the smallest of ripples on the water, but it was bone chattering almost.

I suspect that changing the insoles might help with this problem, the boots felt pretty stiff also, compared to the RADs. I wanted to change to something stiffer as I have broken both ankles before and wanted to try something with a bit more support.

Overall, I think they will be good once I get used to them, I was pretty disappointed after the set though with my riding, as everything felt off. I imagine this is the case everytime someone switches to new bindings, but I felt myself wanting to re-mount the RADs and sell the systems after the set. I am going to put some gel insoles in them and try again this weekend.

anyone else have similar experiences?

I have the same bindings and boots on a LF Axis board. No chatter to speak of. I did feel a bit off the frist couple of days though. Really do like the system and merak combo though...now that I am used to them.

I also went to the meraks and system due to anke issues.

I think the chatter you're feeling is more a result of the board than the systems...

I'm thinking the same actually, I probably never noticed it before since the RAD bindings have so much gel in the sole. I've been looking at the Nova board actually to replace the slingshot. Love the ride on the flex board but I'm thinking the stiff bindings are making it flex too much. Kind of like when you put stiff bindings on a freestyle snowboard, it ruins the ride.

I do like how sturdy the bindings and boots are, just think the setup itself sucks now. I may mount them on my old Ronix Vault just to see if they feel different on the water before I grab a new deck.... lots of sales right now though.

I have the the 2012 System's and the Marek boots on a Hyperlite Logic. Love it.

I had 2010 (or 2009?) Murray's before, so the System felt like a complete upgrade. Definitely a lot more responsive for me.

I can relate to 'feeling' the water more. The boot/binding combo puts you closer to the board than almost anything else out there, so there isn't nearly as much separation and absorbance as you're probably use to.