Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'93 Echelon plate?

ebelizard

Hey guys, just wondering if they make a wake plate for my '93 Malibu Echelon.

I'm kinda new to the whole thing, so what would be the benefit? I heard that it makes the wake more frosty and have less of a clean lip.

Is it hard to install? Any help would be appreciated.

You can get a wedge for your boat if thats what you mean.

Wedge info: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14978-what-does-the-wedge-do/

Lots of people are starting to lean towards ballast for enhancing the wake rather than the wedge. I think you'll like a set up like I ran in my Skier which can be found here:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32500-93-euro-f3-skier-ballast/?hl=ballast

After riding my Echy for a few years now I would spend the money on weight first. You can get a lot of weight in the boat for the price of a wedge and bracket assembly. Also, I really like the shape of the wake without the wedge--but I haven't ridden one with the wedge for comparison. Hopefully some guys with them on these boats will chime in with a direct comparison of riding with/without.

I like the wedge due to the space restraints in the boat. I can get a nice wake with a wedge and not lose any space at all.

Also, if you want to try surfing, putting 750lbs of ballast in the rear surf corner, 400lbs of ballast in the ski locker, the wedge down and a small crew in the boat will get you a tasty wave.

I like the wedge due to the space restraints in the boat. I can get a nice wake with a wedge and not lose any space at all.

Also, if you want to try surfing, putting 750lbs of ballast in the rear surf corner, 400lbs of ballast in the ski locker, the wedge down and a small crew in the boat will get you a tasty wave.

What is the wake difference for wakeboarding with weight vs. wedge (even if your weight was just meat)? Is it larger, different shape, steeper...?

What is the wake difference for wakeboarding with weight vs. wedge (even if your weight was just meat)? Is it larger, different shape, steeper...?

I don't know, I've actually never wakeboarded without the wedge. I've heard it's steeper with the wedge than with weight.