Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will Not Give Up On Skim Style Until....

Afun

I try a Phase 5 Danielo Diamond. Selling all of my phase 5 boards and sticking with my Soulcraft (when I get it), Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 5'1 & 4'7. I would also like to get my hands on a 4'8 Byerly Hazard. I got the 5'4 version and it's great. I could only imagine how well the 4'8 version Surfs.

I will demo 22 MXZ slammed on Saturday. Hopefully I get to try a Diamond.

Rode the Danielo Diamon X-Large today behind a 14' 22 MXZ . My Review....

Extremely playful board. I could almost go completely sideways with it. I could see how this board is the preferred skim in the market. It's easier to edge with it and keep the edge than the other skim boards I have tried. Super fast down the line. Very easy to turn sideways and do spins. You still have to be on your toes and edge. That is the main difference between a surfer style with fins and a skim board. I could see myself having this one on the boat and learning how to skim with it. I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Bought the large 54 inch Danielo Diamond which is 3/4 thick instead of 1 inch. Glad I have one skim board on board to switch it up every once in a while. Could not tell a big difference between the large and xlarge models. Both are fast, loose, and super fun!

Found a new one for $425!