Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 231

longbeard

I did call ACME, gave them my setup, they said you could go with the 525, or the 231 or the 911. To which I said, ok but which do you think would be best? To which they said, well its really personal preference. Well I have never used any of these props, so I don't know what my preference is. Pretty frustrating call actually. The 231 seems middle of the road, just wondering if anyone had good or bad things to say about it.

I did call ACME, gave them my setup, they said you could go with the 525, or the 231 or the 911. To which I said, ok but which do you think would be best? To which they said, well its really personal preference. Well I have never used any of these props, so I don't know what my preference is. Pretty frustrating call actually. The 231 seems middle of the road, just wondering if anyone had good or bad things to say about it.

I think the 231 will have the best hole shot out of the bunch given it's the only 4 blade listed. The 911 3 blade prop will be a slight step down in hole shot but probably slightly higher top end (1-2 mph), then the 525 will be the least agressive hole shot of the bunch and have the highest top end speed.

^^Agree but would like to know what prop is on there now for comparison's sake.

If it's an old cast Nibral 13x13 or worse a CVP Stainless 13x13, the 525 will get you a much better hole shot than what you have now. Unless you run a bunch of weight I'd stick with a three blade and keep your top end. The new CNC'd three blades have much more surface area than the older ones--even more than the older four blades.

I don't know if anyone's used it, and he did get the best advice possible. Call ACME but under no circumstance follow simple laws of physics.

YA, those idiotic laws of physics...come on now WHO really needs them!, or even understands how they apply to say spinning surfaces or how to even calculate them?? I guess calling them laws is really simply oxymoronic?

I recall someone on a different post quite awhile ago even calling them a theory!! Like gravity is a theory!!

YA, those idiotic laws of physics...come on now WHO really needs them!, or even understands how they apply to say spinning surfaces or how to even calculate them?? I guess calling them laws is really simply oxymoronic?

I recall someone on a different post quite awhile ago even calling them a theory!! Like gravity is a theory!!

Hopefully if you keep spouting this one can get locked too.

What does this have to with what the OP asked? You need to understand that nobody wants to hear your crap generally, and especially if you have nothing to add to the thread except to try and prove your point.

I am not a mod. Here, but really guy? Quit trolling.

Edited by Bobby Bright

These rants are as bad as telling nitrosbird that a 350 monsoon is a good base engine.

Lets play nice and only talk about spinny spokes and hole shot.

I think the 911 spinny spoke is a good one.

Edited by Rmack
  • Like 1