Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Help

rls34

2013 247 tower won't fold all the way down. Bimini hits the windshield and keeps it from going all the way down to the dash. It is 9' 2" high at the top of the ball. I have moved the bimini forward and back to try and make room. I searched the forum and couldn't find any tips. Help please.

Does anyone have pictures of this type of bimini? I wasn't aware that there were two different types when I ordered my boat. I received the other style which doesn't have to be removed to lower the tower, but has poles on the front of it and doesn't slide. I have to lower the tower in and out of the garage each time so I'm glad I don't have to remove it, but curious what the differences are.

Call your dealer. I'm guessing you dropped a considerable amount of cash for your 247. They should be happy to help out.

I'd be afraid to hear them laughing at the question.

You need to remove the bimini from the tower. My buddy removes his racks & speakers too.

Does anyone have pictures of this type of bimini? I wasn't aware that there were two different types when I ordered my boat. I received the other style which doesn't have to be removed to lower the tower, but has poles on the front of it and doesn't slide. I have to lower the tower in and out of the garage each time so I'm glad I don't have to remove it, but curious what the differences are.

In my experience with the two, the difference is the new 2013 slider version can be put up and taken down in a minute - it's that easy. Pole version is so cumbersome that everyone I know with it just leaves it up all season - maybe it's not that bad once you get used to it and figure it out.

That's kinda what I figured - once you know what you're doing its easy enough. I guess the thing with the slider is a 2 year old could figure it out. Slide the frame forward, extend the back half, and clip in the brackets. The most time consuming part is unzipping it.

I guess for me it would end up being a wash. If I had the slider it would be quicker to set up and take down, but I would have to remove it to get the boat in and out of the garage every time we go out. Now I don't have to remove anything, but takes a minute or 2 longer to set up.

Just the material of the Bimini. Great Lakes is like sunbrella. Now if you have the slider or not, I can't tell unless you post a pic. Might as well get the GL if you have the normal CS already.

• 6 months later...

I am trying to decide between the GL and the Slider bimini in my boat order....If I don't want to remove the bimini, but need to put the tower down, how much does the slider impede the lowering of the tower? My garage door height is 9'. Probably a little less cause the door doesn't go 100% up. Which bimini??

The slider will not allow you to get under your garage door without removing it. I don't know much about the GL.

I can get my boat, tower up under a 10 ft door. I doubt you will have trouble with the slider. Of course, I never folded my tower either so I don't know how far it sticks up.

I measured the 23LSV at the dealer with a slider and 18" wheels. It sits at 102-103". It should JUST make it without removing the Bimini.

Boatmate also told me the trailer will settle 1/2-3/4" in the first year.

Boatmate also told me the trailer will settle 1/2-3/4" in the first year.

Even better. I figured I could buy a drop hitch too to get the front of the boat down