Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skiers Pier ownership change

aoblak

I wanted to create this post to inform all Skiers Pier customers that Ron and Mary Koenig are no longer part of the dealership. This became official late last week and will be a major loss for the Malibu brand and for Skiers Pier.

maybe she'll go get even better at skiing :lol:

Malibu even wrote about her http://malibuboats.blogspot.com/2011/12/skiers-pier-owner-selected-to-elite-ski.html

my dad showed me this about the Koenig's building slalom lakes.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=110&dat=19980803&id=7uxOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XkwDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5709,3503765

Edited by mnhays

They were why I bought my boat at the dealership. In MHO they made the dealership. Even before I bought my boat Ron always went out of his way to say Hello. I hope things change I would not want to have dealt with anyone else at the place. :( This is not good news!...

Been friend with Ron and Mary back when they started in Michigan selling Ski Supremes, they be back in the boat game soon.

Mary skied better this year then last, she's down in Fla. for a couple of tournaments.

Edited by onamission

Been friend with Ron and Mary back when they started in Michigan selling Ski Supremes, they be back in the boat game soon.

Mary skied better this year then last, she's down in Fla. for a couple of tournaments.

Tell them to come up to Mid Michigan we need a Malibu dealer up in the area. :whistle:

We purchased all 4 of our Malibu's from Ron. He always went out of his way to help. Even when we lived down in Florida, he went out of his way to help me with a problem with the boat. At the time he had no idea if we would ever be back in Michigan to buy another boat from him. He is the main reason I continued to purchase Malibu's.

Isn't gull lake in mid michigan or no?

No South West. about the same distance as skiers pier. I will be looking at them if I need a dealer now.

Edited by Sixball

This has been coming for a while like said above. Ron and Mary were truly awesome and I'm so happy we were able to purchase or first boat from them while they were still there in July. I will still be going there because Logan is a good friend of mine but it won't be the same. I also may have heard rumors that they will be back. We can only hope :)

Also Mary is skiing very good this year and did take first overall at nationals this year! I haven't heard from them how she is doing in Florida.

Rmack: ask for Sue in service. She is great and will take care of you if you need anything.

Edited by ahopkins1988

Tell them to come up to Mid Michigan we need a Malibu dealer up in the area. :whistle:

Have you looked into Tommy's up on Waloon Lake?

Ron made it a point to us that he and Marry still feel that Malibu is still the best product out there and that he does not have a non-compete, so who knows.

With the way Mary's skiing I'm thing Century dealership and the Carbon Pro. :)

I too bought my first boat from Ron, in 2008. He gave me a great deal and was always very honest with me. I didn't get the same feel from Joe (not a lot of interaction with him, tho).

I did check out Walloon Lake Village Marina (aka Tommy's) this summer. Very nice dealership and pro shop. Since my boat is only about 25 minutes from there, I will likely get it serviced there, and if I am in the market for a new boat, I will likely go there. Ron was definitely the reason for my loyalty to Skier's Pier. I hope it was a good move for him and Mary, and if he opens a Malibu dealership in Michigan, I will definitely go there!

I have purchased 7 Malibu's from Ron and when I decided to replace my last boat (Nautique) I was between a G23 and MXZ24. Needing an opportunity to test drive the Malibu Ron meet me in Nashville (I was down there on business) and arranged for boats to be available for me to drive.

I have been friends with them for along time so I wish them luck in the next phase of there live!

I know that they are in Florida for the next month so Mary can continue to train and they plan to be back in Michigan after that.

First of all, I'd like to say that I have dealt with Ron on a few occasions and have found that he really seems to care about his customers and is sincere. Truly a humble and classy guy in my eyes. Joe comes off as much more quiet, but always seems to be in a background/service role, so not really sure what to expect. I have never met Mary, but have continually heard of her skiing ability. I strongly run the risk of sounding like a jerk with the comments I am about to make, but am more curious than anything and mean no malice in my viewpoint. I know next to nothing about the world of competitive skiing and even less about the personal financial situation of Ron and Mary. That said, lots of comments about Mary having this extra time to train and compete. I'll be the first to admit if I am wrong on this, but cannot imagine the world of competitive skiing is lucrative enough for a middle aged woman, no matter HOW accomplished, to replace the financial viability of owning a dealership. This seems to either be an opportunity to take an early retirement and work on and enjoy a hobby that she happens to be quite good at, or a small respite before determining how best to make a living until a point when retirement is either desired or possible.

purchased three Malibu's from ron and have always had a good experience. that being said I hope that if joe wolf bought them out and is now sole owner, that he takes some people inter-personal skills classes. joe is a nice guy but not very out going. while I wish nothing but the best for ron and mary, I hope this change will not effect skiers pier customer service.

They will be missed I bought two Wakesetters from Ron and Mary but equally I know this has been going on for a while and is probably best for the both of them. For Joe, I got off to a rough start at first with him in service but he has come around and I am happy to take my malibu to him for anything. I only get the best service.