Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

best advice you got from tmc

wheelman

I learned how to change a prop shaft seal here. Somewhere around here is a great thread with an even better outside link.

Despite the usual helpfulness of this site, I still don't understand oil. The only conclusion I draw is that not changing oil is probably a lot worse than whatever kind of oil you use.

I would like to add some info I got on BallOfSpray That may have just been the best advice I have ever got from a site. For us boaters that spend time in the sun do a little research on Melanoma.
I found it last year and thankfully I caught it very early. Five surgery's four witch were for censer one the ended up not being censer and I am good to go! Didn’t even miss much time on the ski. I don’t want to be a downer but we spend a ton of time in the sun.

This fair skinned white boy DEFINATELY will heed that advice...

Taking my shirt off is probably not the best way to diffuse the situation.

Not everyone knows what Sperry Topsiders are.

SG waves are not the same as listed waves and vice versa.

My Boatmate trailer really does not suck, I just suck at launching & retrieving.

Nryan likes the 2315 prop, and Shawndoggy doesn't care for it.

My FJ Cruiser is not meant to tow my VLX.

Never use the words " Best " or " Hands Down " in the title of a thread.

IXFE is really hard on the new guys at TMC.

Bobby Bright does not really like Surfgate boats.

DocPhilMD wants everything free and retrofitted.

Once again, SG waves and listed waves are different!

We do now.... :lol:

This fair skinned white boy DEFINATELY will heed that advice...

Interestingly enough, the greatest risk is eye color (which mostly correlates with skin type). But light colored eyes are at the most risk for melanoma.

Another interesting fact is how often melanomas occur in places that never see the sun, so don't think it can't be a melanoma if it pops up somewhere that never has seen the sun.

I learned how to change a prop shaft seal here. Somewhere around here is a great thread with an even better outside link.

Despite the usual helpfulness of this site, I still don't understand oil. The only conclusion I draw is that not changing oil is probably a lot worse than whatever kind of oil you use.

You just proved right there that you understand oil just fine.

Anchoring systems. The first time I took my boat out the whole first day was spent keeping my boat off the beach. I didn't get a moments rest while everyone else played.

Edited by Ruffdog

Not exactly advice, but one thing I learned on TMC is to not get concerned if your dealer never calls you back, even after taking your number and name. They just dont provide customer service, and after learning its the same way at most dealers across the states, it doesnt bother me anymore. If I want to find out if they have a part in stock, I am just going to have to make the 45 minute drive, and I am okay with that now thanks to TMC! :-)

• Like 4

Not exactly advice, but one thing I learned on TMC is to not get concerned if your dealer never calls you back, even after taking your number and name. They just dont provide customer service, and after learning its the same way at most dealers across the states, it doesnt bother me anymore. If I want to find out if they have a part in stock, I am just going to have to make the 45 minute drive, and I am okay with that now thanks to TMC! :-)

Looks like everything is changing but Ron at skiers Pier would call. He called in the winter also to offer tickets to the boat show. So disappointed to see him and Mary go.

Not advice, but an observation from 10 years of moderation duties: I don't think that I'll ever have a shortage of amazement at what people will argue over.

In the education profession we would justify that behavior by calling it a "learning style"

I don't think that I'll ever have a shortage of amazement at what people will argue over.

Or a shortage of people that have no argument, but still continue to push back even though they know there is no basis for their statements.

Not advice, but an observation from 10 years of moderation duties: I don't think that I'll ever have a shortage of amazement at what people will argue over.

I disagree, I bet you'll get tired of it soon.....

You get what you pay for, although I still struggle coming to terms with this one.

Edited by Ndawg12

Or a shortage of people that have no argument, but still continue to push back even though they know there is no basis for their statements.

I disagree and would argue with you over that. ;)

• Like 2

learning how to properly winterize a v-drive

what a box anchor was

what an evolution cover was

extremely helpful measurements on rear ballast pump location - from another 23 lsv owner (build2rev)

being introduced to the acme 2315

meeting some local peeps through this site that helped me fix things on this boat