Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

iOS 7 and Maliview / Stereo

bcoppess23

Has anyone had the opportunity to download the latest OS for the iPhone and test it out on the Maliview and Stereo? Before the update, I could use the head unit to switch between playlists, artists, etc. or the Maliview. Now, when I try to switch through these options and select a song to start playing, it shows 'PAUSE' on the head unit and will not play. I have to go to my phone and select play from my phone before I can hear the music. I am using the special cable that came with the boat and has never been a problem in the past.

Has anyone else had time in the boat with the new OS? Did you experience the same thing and are you aware of a fix?

If one were to download iOS7, and did not like it, is there a way to go back to what you had?

No

Wrong. Apple is still signing the IPSW for 6.1.4 for the iPhone 5 and 6.1.3 for the Ipad 2-4 and iPhone 4 and 4S (plus the compatiable iTouches). This will likely change very soon. You can not downgrade the 5C and 5S to 6.1.4.

I don't have maliview, but I did download IOS.7 and it is garbage. It is super slow. Just my opinion, I don't recommend people downloading it until they work the bugs out.

Are you on a 4 or something? I have downloaded iOS 7 on my work 4S and my iPad 4. It is as fast as iOS 6, with my only real bug complaint being battery drain on both, which seemed to be fixed with a reboot and shutting off the background app refresh. I have not upgraded my 5 nor my wife's 5 due to the jailbreak not being released yet for iOS 7. iOS 7 is a clear improvement over 6.

Has anyone had the opportunity to download the latest OS for the iPhone and test it out on the Maliview and Stereo? Before the update, I could use the head unit to switch between playlists, artists, etc. or the Maliview. Now, when I try to switch through these options and select a song to start playing, it shows 'PAUSE' on the head unit and will not play. I have to go to my phone and select play from my phone before I can hear the music. I am using the special cable that came with the boat and has never been a problem in the past.

Has anyone else had time in the boat with the new OS? Did you experience the same thing and are you aware of a fix?

How are you connecting the 5 to the stereo? Stock cable with an adapter?

I've always had "some issues" with the iPod to Maliview set up. When it works, it's great, but plenty of times, for whatever reason, system would not recognize my iPhone or iPod. Just made a Bluetooth adaptor and run it that way now, no issues.

I have not updated to ios7 yet, I run my devices jailbroken, so I'll wait.