Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Instillation

wlsmitty

Need Help!

Last winter I attempted to install perfect pass star gazer on my 1998 response lx. Instillation almost went smoothly. The throttle cable mount position on the engine had been altered from its original factory position. This position was moved towards the back of the boat, away from where the cable connects to the engine. The bracket provided by perfect pass was not compatible with the throttle cable at the position it was anchored to the engine. Since I can’t just move the throttle cables anchor position back to the middle(factory) position, because the shift and throttle cables become out of synch, I cannot come up with a solution.

Any ideas?

There are 2 styles of mechanical cables used by PP, one being a threaded hex shaped nut and the other being a U shaped unit. You can go to the PP website and go through the installation manuals and find pictures of each. PP can / will sell you the appropriate cable. Another option is to make your own cable, easy to do using bicycle brake / shifter cables. You can make them to your specific length. You will need to get a cable crimp to connect the rope to your new cable.

Not to sure about making my own cable with a bicycle cable? Any ideas on how to move the anchor point of the throttle cable back to its original position and still be compatible with the shift cable.

The shift cable should have adjustable ends or a clip to allow you to move it to keep it synched to the throttle cable. You might also be able to get a different sized or original end that restores the lengths to be compatible.