Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help on my 04 LSV ballast pumps

Betch

Does anyone have a diagram of where the ballast pumps and returns are located.

My back left ballast doesn't fill and i think the front tank doesn't drain.

I just purchased this boat and am looking for any help in this area.

Thanks

Guys

Betch

Hey I have an '05 VLX so it may not be exactly the same, but I think its pretty similar so I thought I'd try and help (sorry don't have any diagrams though).

Each tank should have a separate fill and drain pump. My fill pumps for the rear tanks are under the center rear seat. If you open up that seat and flip both rear tank fill switches, you will probably be able to hear the one on the right working and feel it vibrating. When one of mine wasn't working, I was able to fix it by simply tracing the two wires to where they're spliced, removing the tape, and re-splicing them. If that doesn't work you can remove the screw, unscrew the blue ring, and replace the pump's internals (check Bakes for a replacement).

Drain pumps are located directly on the ballast tanks so you'll need to locate that. I haven't dealt with that yet so I'm not sure of the best way to access the one in the front, but try the site search if nobody chimes in. Good luck!

My old 06 vRide should be the same setup. The front tank (midship) fill pump is located near the vdrive/tranny on the starboard side. The rear tank fills use 1 thru-hull which tee's into the 2 pumps. These should be located in the same area but on the port side. All drain pumps are mounted to the tanks. You should be able to see the midship drain pump by pulling the inspection panel just to the left of the driver on the floor. For the rear tanks you'll probably have to remove the screws in the mounts and slide the tank towards the bow since the drain pumps are right up against the transom.