Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Skier owner and forum member

P7M89MM

The previous owner helped me winterize today and was shocked to see the gelcoat like this. I knew it wasn't like it on the test drive. I was out of town for a week in between the test drive and the purchase and didn't inspect a second time. I likely would have made the purchase anyway. We suspect this is temperature related as it was hot one day and then cold the next possible contracting the hull faster than the gelcoat.?.? I'm just glad this is a 22 year old boat and not a brand new one!

If brand new you would have the warrantee to stand behind. And a few paymnets of course.

Successfully changed the oil and winterized the boat. While under the boat, we realized the intake grate is broken. Any idea how easy that is to replace? Also broke off the engine block drain plug as I was replacing it. Luckily we were able to get it out without drilling. Are there recommendations/other options for replacing the plug? The one that broke off is a 1/4" brass plug with a smaller plug inside it, if that makes sense.

*Edit* - Can someone provide a link to where I can find the correct plug for a 1991 Mercruiser 5.7 Ski Bluewater? There are a couple options on Bakes' website.

It's a standard block drain plug from a 350. You can get it at NAPA.