Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Skier owner and forum member

P7M89MM

All original. As I mentioned above, there's a boat with the same exterior on google images but different interior.

Right on. I have seen the hull colors on some Skiers and the interior colors on others(mine had the same interior), but not on the same boat. I dig it.

The pictures came out pretty good -the gelcoat is oxidized on the lower sections. Also, none of us noticed it in the test drive, but once I got it home I noticed these small little stress marks on both sides. This is a pic of the black stripe. I'm pretty sure they're nothing to worry about.

l8vn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is awesome. I have started thinking hard about going to a VLX and buying an old skier for the skinny stick!

Welcome!

I AGREE with the concept of two boats, as having one boat to do multiple tasks WELL is an oxymoron.....

Those are brochure quality pics!

Thanks! I actually handed my camera off to my wife and father-in-law yesterday since I was primarily driving. I edited them up though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Man she looks like she came right out of the show room! Beutifull Pictures, Congratulations on the perfect find!

And as Vettsetter said! I like red boats. Thats my color.

:)

I AGREE with the concept of two boats, as having one boat to do multiple tasks WELL is an oxymoron.....

JB, And all this time I thought you needed two boats to get your butt out of the water with. Lol......

You had to see this one coming.........lol....lol.....poke-poke.

Sorry for the hijack, but I just couldn't resist the shot! All in good fun. :)

• Like 2

P7, These classics have a real soft spot in heart, love them, I had a 92 Malibu Eurof3 195 Skier.

Still miss the boat today.

By the way, the black tinted windows sure accent the the black panel on the side of the hull nicely.

P7, These classics have a real soft spot in heart, love them, I had a 92 Malibu Eurof3 195 Skier.

Still miss the boat today.

By the way, the black tinted windows sure accent the the black panel on the side of the hull nicely.

Thanks! The seller really took care of it. He's helping me winterize today. I think the 2015 sticker might be red which will look much better than orange on the windshield!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just picked up a 1991 Skier, original owner, 346 hours, stereo, shower, and heater. Floors are solid. Haven't even had time to wipe it down. I've know the seller for several years and he finally called and let me know he was ready to sell. The boat has been stored in the garage or on a covered lift. The sun got to the lower gelcoat this summer so it'll need a little work this winter. The engine runs great and the wake seems great for the money. I did a lot of research here before purchasing. Now it's time to start the work - a new cover will be the first thing and then new trailer tires since they're the originals from the 1992 trailer. Hopefully these pictures work since this is my first post.

1cov.jpg
vv23.jpg
k184.jpg
h5cx.jpg
7j3q.jpg
ywu1.jpg
d54i.jpg
fb00.jpg

Great looking boat!! I have never seen one with the red as the primary color. ANd knowing the history/previous owner quells a lot of concerns. I am amazed at how well the dash and the plastic cover/liner is holding up...most after 20+ years do not look any where close to that.. And the vinyl looks like it is brand new.

Goes to show you how well these boats can look if taken care of.

The 2 push/pull buttons/switches to the right of the steering wheel...are those for the heater and shower? I have not see a Skier with those before.

And ya, the trailer needs to be reshod with some new rubber....20 year old tires are not good.

The data to the right of the speedo are the slolom times/tolerances. Gotta remember this was decades before PP and zero off!!

Great looking boat....and with the priceing of the new boats...you can run that boat for years and if taken care of, probably sell it for more than what you bought it for!! which aint bad for any RV or toy!!

• Like 1

The 2 push/pull buttons/switches to the right of the steering wheel...are those for the heater and shower? I have not see a Skier with those before.

Yep. Just figured that out yesterday. I could get water to run through the shower but couldn't figure out how to keep it hot. I'll have the seller explain it to me today while we winterize. Maybe I just need to run the engine longer before starting the shower.

Yep. Just figured that out yesterday. I could get water to run through the shower but couldn't figure out how to keep it hot. I'll have the seller explain it to me today while we winterize. Maybe I just need to run the engine longer before starting the shower.

Winterizing! That dreaded word we all hate and have come to live with. Doing mine today to. Finnaly a nice sunny day after weeks of rain.

A suggestion for ya. Replace the points with Pertronix...one of the best investments you can make. It will start better, supplies more spark to the plugs. and you never have to mess around with those pesky points again.

The engine operating temp / thermostat is 143 degrees. So don't expect a whole lot outta the heater. Not sure how it is plumbed, but I had to be running at 2000+ rpms vs ilding to have warm air coming outta the heater. I always stayed with the original temp, but always wondered what a 160 degree stat would do? I would imagine someone on this stie has tried it. The 160 would certainly not hurt anything.

Edited by happypappy

Successfully changed the oil and winterized the boat. While under the boat, we realized the intake grate is broken. Any idea how easy that is to replace? Also broke off the engine block drain plug as I was replacing it. Luckily we were able to get it out without drilling. Are there recommendations/other options for replacing the plug? The one that broke off is a 1/4" brass plug with a smaller plug inside it, if that makes sense.

*Edit* - Can someone provide a link to where I can find the correct plug for a 1991 Mercruiser 5.7 Ski Bluewater? There are a couple options on Bakes' website.

Edited by P7M89MM

The pictures came out pretty good -the gelcoat is oxidized on the lower sections. Also, none of us noticed it in the test drive, but once I got it home I noticed these small little stress marks on both sides. This is a pic of the black stripe. I'm pretty sure they're nothing to worry about.

l8vn.jpg

The previous owner helped me winterize today and was shocked to see the gelcoat like this. I knew it wasn't like it on the test drive. I was out of town for a week in between the test drive and the purchase and didn't inspect a second time. I likely would have made the purchase anyway. We suspect this is temperature related as it was hot one day and then cold the next possible contracting the hull faster than the gelcoat.?.? I'm just glad this is a 22 year old boat and not a brand new one!