Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wizard lake marine

Firenutz

Hey guys, not a malibu owner yet but swung by wizard lake marine in kelowna and thought I should give them a big thumbs up! They didn't try to sell me a boat that's more than I need and were quite happy to just sit in a few new and used boats and just shoot the breeze and answer any questions I had. Great customer service on that side. They showed my the shop facility and I must say that it is impressive. Now if I could only sell the wife on stepping out of our bayliner and into a malibu!

• Like 2

Ya! We deal with the Wizard guys in Calmar and they are pretty good and we recommend them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Donnyboy

Hi There: just joined the website. We're long time Malibu owners and live on Little Shuswap Lake. We've owned two Malibu Skiers, one 1984 and presently a 1992. I have a question;

Our drivers seat is a wooden frame and i would like to replace it with a fiberglass one.

Other than that, I've had to give up skiing and presently have our boat on Kijiji

cheers

Shsuswap39

welcome to the forum...you hit a trifecta on your first post....open suggestion... may want to post an intro topic to introduce yourself..... may want to post your seat question in the Maintenance section, you will get a lot of excellent help with your seat question...lots of smart people on this forum and your boat for sale in the for sale section. Other than that....Agreed always get treated very well by the wizard lake guys.

I've been into WLM 3 times to get a quote on a Boatmate Trailer and they have never got back to me. Talked with Cory at Evolution Covers and he said they are the largest Malibu dealer in the world selling well over 400 units a year. Im sure with their new store in Kelowna that number is going to go way up. I've had much better service from Chris at Performance Water Sports.

Good luck talking your wife into the move, you'll never regret it.

• Like 2

Boys at the Kelowna location have been great to me! I ended up at Wizard after a bad experience at Performance Watersports. Very happy with the boat I bought and the service and support I've received since I picked the boat up this spring. I would highly recommend Wizard if your looking at buy a boat.

The guys at the Calmar location of Wizard are the reason I own a Malibu. When we started looking at boats they were nothing but helpful. In the end we ended up picking up our boat second hand in a private sale, with barely 50 hrs on it the deal was hard to pass up and buy new. My experience with the service and parts department has been exceptional, they are a large dealership and have a lot of boats out there that they are looking after so as long as your expectations are in line and realize they will get to your boat as soon as they can you will not be disappointed. Quality work, great service and a relaxed atmosphere put us in a Malibu and will keep us there for the foreseeable future.

Hey guys, not a malibu owner yet but swung by wizard lake marine in kelowna and thought I should give them a big thumbs up! They didn't try to sell me a boat that's more than I need and were quite happy to just sit in a few new and used boats and just shoot the breeze and answer any questions I had. Great customer service on that side. They showed my the shop facility and I must say that it is impressive. Now if I could only sell the wife on stepping out of our bayliner and into a malibu!

Wizard will take you for a water test of the boat you are thinking or one close. Let your wife drive it and I am sure that will sell her on it. Nothing drives quite like a malibu on the water.

The guys at the Calmar location of Wizard are the reason I own a Malibu. When we started looking at boats they were nothing but helpful. In the end we ended up picking up our boat second hand in a private sale, with barely 50 hrs on it the deal was hard to pass up and buy new. My experience with the service and parts department has been exceptional, they are a large dealership and have a lot of boats out there that they are looking after so as long as your expectations are in line and realize they will get to your boat as soon as they can you will not be disappointed. Quality work, great service and a relaxed atmosphere put us in a Malibu and will keep us there for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately with Canada's short boating season "as soon as they can" doesn't always cut it. Whether your expectations are reasonable or not, if you have an event that takes your boat off the water for any length of time you'll probably be thinking "after cutting these guys a cheque for $80k +, can't they do better?" And it won't help your aggravation if you have to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back to drop it off, and then 3 hours there and 3 hours back to pick up. I love my Malibu, but you should be aware of the potential aggravations that come with owning one where there's a single dealership in all of Alberta and eastern BC. And I like several of the guys at Wizard.

Unfortunately with Canada's short boating season "as soon as they can" doesn't always cut it. Whether your expectations are reasonable or not, if you have an event that takes your boat off the water for any length of time you'll probably be thinking "after cutting these guys a cheque for $80k +, can't they do better?" And it won't help your aggravation if you have to drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back to drop it off, and then 3 hours there and 3 hours back to pick up. I love my Malibu, but you should be aware of the potential aggravations that come with owning one where there's a single dealership in all of Alberta and eastern BC. And I like several of the guys at Wizard.

Funny how we all have our own experiences with the same people. I have suffered "events" that have taken my boat off the water and found that the guys at wizard went out of their way to get us back on the water. I have had other dealerships provide horrible service in the same conditions and show no concern at all with my older boats. I took my $80K+ check away from these guys, bought privately and they still treat me with respect and have on more than one occasion gone out of their way to ensure our satisfaction.

I try not to be a prick (often against my nature :) ) and find that more often than not the service I receive exceeds my expectations.

I'm not saying they don't try, but I think they're understaffed for a dealership their size. Have you ever tried getting anything done in May or June when they're swamped with PDIs?

Also think your experience may be better just by going with a used boat. My experience is it's the new ones that have all the glitches and bugs that need to be worked out. Smarter to buy used and let the original owner deal with those.

^^^^^ New boats do indeed always have glitches and bugs that take half of the first season to work out. I've custom ordered two boats now. Both had items that needed to be worked out (I'm pretty particular about things though). After the initial gliches, both boats ended up being awesome. I only have 1 season under my belt on my 2013. My 2008 never gave me any headaches after the initial issues.

Edited by Cory

I'm not saying they don't try, but I think they're understaffed for a dealership their size. Have you ever tried getting anything done in May or June when they're swamped with PDIs?

Also think your experience may be better just by going with a used boat. My experience is it's the new ones that have all the glitches and bugs that need to be worked out. Smarter to buy used and let the original owner deal with those.

I know what your saying....another couple of guys in the service department wouldn't hurt. Try getting on their lot right now with everyone wanting to get winterized. I don't even try, I just pick up my supplies and head home to do it myself. My first experience with their service department took place in late may as everyone in the country needed something from them. With some patience and decent service from them We didn't miss more than a weekend on the water but I'm sure not everyone was as lucky that year.

As for buying used I have no regrets, bugs were worked out of her and I managed to keep some serious coin in the bank. Sure made me think about the previous owners $/hour of depreciation.

Edited by SkiZilla

I know what your saying....another couple of guys in the service department wouldn't hurt. Try getting on their lot right now with everyone wanting to get winterized. I don't even try, I just pick up my supplies and head home to do it myself. My first experience with their service department took place in late may as everyone in the country needed something from them. With some patience and decent service from them We didn't miss more than a weekend on the water but I'm sure not everyone was as lucky that year.

As for buying used I have no regrets, bugs were worked out of her and I managed to keep some serious coin in the bank. Sure made me think about the previous owners $/hour of depreciation.

Don't over think it, these boats were a fraction of the cost back than. Did you purchase used in Canada?

Don't over think it, these boats were a fraction of the cost back than. Did you purchase used in Canada?

Yup The boat was local to us. It seams prices around here on the new boats float with the dollar...with the strong Canadian dollar the last few years the costs have remained fairly consistent, even a little less than a few years back. I've got a really good idea what our boat sold for new, a better idea of what it sold for used and I'm still glad the previous owner picked up the depreciation. As enjoyable as they were his 50 or so hours of use were at a burn rate my wife would never let me get away with.

I like the idea of ordering a new boat but also really like the one I have so I might just have to run her until its worth nothing to anyone but me.

Don't matter anyways, it looks like she has to come off the water next week and get put away for another winter.

I would never ever recommend Wizard Lake to anyone. Nothing but bad experience after bad experience. As soon as you write the cheque its like the customer service goes down the drain. I cannot believe people out there have had a good experience with them. We will either deal with Saskatoon Watersports, Hagadone Marine or Performance Watersports.

A+ Customer service from the boys at Wizard in both Calmar and Kelowna, they treat you like family, I would highly recommend them to anyone.