Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Pictures of our first bu'

GoldschlagerVT

Our boat was delivered to the Dealer a few days ago and we got our first picture! The dealer doesn't want to take the wrap off the boat just yet, as we're not picking it up until next Saturday. But I had a question about matching the bow numbers to the malibu decal on the side. He sent us this picture and we couldn't be more excited.

What do you guys think about number colors? He reccomends Silver letters with a black border. We're getting the domed numbers. The numbers will sit on the maroon, with the deck being platinum, side is black and maroon with a platinum hull, so bright white on the stickers may not match very well.

Our boat was delivered to the Dealer a few days ago and we got our first picture! The dealer doesn't want to take the wrap off the boat just yet, as we're not picking it up until next Saturday. But I had a question about matching the bow numbers to the malibu decal on the side. He sent us this picture and we couldn't be more excited.

What do you guys think about number colors? He reccomends Silver letters with a black border. We're getting the domed numbers. The numbers will sit on the maroon, with the deck being platinum, side is black and maroon with a platinum hull, so bright white on the stickers may not match very well.

That should look really good. Nice colors dude!

I have always NOT been a fan of it...but to each his own. I am just glad that there isn't a whole lot of the color inside our boat!

*edit* I just read the post and realized that your boat is purple too...no offence, I was responding to UWskiers comments :)

Edited by jetskipro550

I ordered the same thing. It should look great!

Ouch. That's boat abuse setting it on a couple rags and some 2x6s like that! Doesn't distribute the weight very nicely...

Holy Cow! That's totally boat abuse.....

Ouch. That's boat abuse setting it on a couple rags and some 2x6s like that! Doesn't distribute the weight very nicely...

Holy Cow! That's totally boat abuse.....

Gold, you should make this your avatar.

Agreed on both counts. FWIW, I've seen 2 '06 boats recently in Sangria & Ebony combinations - a 247 & a VLX, & they were both absolutely jaw dropping. If I had seen that before ordering, slider would have had a fight on his hands over colors. :lol:

I saw a Wakesetter this last weekend with that color. Drop Dead Gorgeous!

There are SO many combinations that look good, if the wife let me order a new one, I wouldn't know where to start.

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Congrats,

Are you breaking her in Sat? Temps @ Lake Anna for Sat. are forecast for 84 degrees. Biggrin.gif

Where on Lake Anna are you? I'll be there Sat.

Who did you get the boat from?

Edited by ajdouglas

We almost ordered a Sangria VLX with hunter green accents and tan hull and deck, I actually talked my wife out of the color choice. For the record I think that your boat looks great!

Congrats,

Are you breaking her in Sat? Temps @ Lake Anna for Sat. are forecast for 84 degrees. Biggrin.gif

Where on Lake Anna are you? I'll be there Sat.

Who did you get the boat from?

We're not picking the boat up until the 22nd. We'll be taking it out that weekend. I wish we could get it this weekend, but I'll be at Tech for the weekend. Our place is located on Contrary Creek. It's a finger right near the 208 Bridge. We ordered the boat through Cutting Edge Watersports in Va Beach.

Also, Yea I'm not thrilled with the boat being stored like that, but it's only for 3 days. They're got it today, and they're putting it on the trailer saturday. It's not the best way to store a boat, but it's not bad for it. If you go to a boat yard in the winter, I'd say half the boats are stored the same way.

I think those are not rags but pieces of the shrink...