Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet rear lockers

Big Jay D

I'm getting tired of having wet locker every time I use my boat. I have fixed all the ballast leaks except for a few very slow drips from the bag o-rings. I happened to open the rear locker and noticed a lot of water dripping from the sun pad. Has anyone tried to make it so water stays out of the locker? I don't mind a little water but pulling the bags and leaving the hatches open for a few days to dry them out is annoying.

Buddy of mine put some hydro turf type stuff on all the exposed gel under the Hatches. Seems to work well . I thought I would make the hatches pop up more than usual, but its been fine.

same problem here , the worst part is the low points where the teak bathing platform is bolted through. they fill with water and pain in the a** to get the sponges out ..

:plus1: those little pockets filling with water are the worst!

Dripping from the sun pad? Do your skiers stand on the swim step and "drain" before walking over the sun pad?

all of ours do!

mine never really dry completely and I now have blackish mold in the corners on the carpet. how do you get rid of that.

Resolve or Oxi-clean should clean that up, I just cleaned the bottom carpet of my sunpad that had that dark blackish mold stuff on it and it cleaned up great. Edited by Ndawg12

i have been considering ripping the carpet out , epoxy painting the inside of the transom and gunnel and then gluing some sort of rubber matting on the floor , or maybe just glue the rubber all over!

also on a side note this will be an experiment because i want to get rid of the carpet in the whole boat , as my boat sits on a mooring all summer (fresh water) and never really gets a chance to dry out properly until winter so if its rainy for a while i get mildew in the carpet , and it can get a little funky !.. getting tired of shampooing the carpet .