Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Re-installing heater

Clubboat

I just got our heater back from the dealer. Had it shipped to my house to avoid downtime on the boat. After removing the kick panel, it looks like there is nothing (ie bracket) holding it in place? Is this correct?

Also, there are air three hoses, one of which is plumbed to the bow vent. Does that just sit there loose? It doesn't appear to have any way to connect to the supply side of the heater.

Finally, does it make any difference which way the water goes through the heater? No label for in/out? Thanks for the help. Hoping to get it back in the water quickly before the cold hits.

i have a different hull.

my heater has flanges and those flanges are used to hang the heater from the fglass above the compartment.

can't help w bow vent.

water can flow either direction through the heat exchanger but consider how you will winterize.

the heat exchanger may drain down better in one configuration vs the other.