Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who has ridden in a 2014 23LSV?

mrnate450r

Depends on what camp you are from. Face it. A large part of these boats is the "look at me " factor. Not everybody buys a wake boat because they want to ride. Sometimes the riding is secondary.

Those guys will value a blinged up trailer vs. an engine upgrade.

I don't disagree with you that to the core group the engine upgrade is more valuable, but most often that's not what sells the boat. All of the ones I have sold have been to people that fall in love with the way it "looks".

Depends on what camp you are from. Face it. A large part of these boats is the "look at me " factor. Not everybody buys a wake boat because they want to ride. Sometimes the riding is secondary.

Those guys will value a blinged up trailer vs. an engine upgrade.

I don't disagree with you that to the core group the engine upgrade is more valuable, but most often that's not what sells the boat. All of the ones I have sold have been to people that fall in love with the way it "looks".

Looks are important, but odds are 7 years from now the things that make a blinged out trailer look good today will make it look gaudy and out of date. An engine upgrade will always be a plus.

All that's debatable . 18" wheels on a trailer are just as popular now as they were 5 years ago. in fact probably even more so. It just depends on the buyer really. I can't say that more of the uneducated used boat buyers will favor the engine upgrade vs. the trailer.

Guy I sold my last boat to asked about the stock 15" rims when I sold it. Also to some , 410 hp vs 450 doesn't sound like that huge a difference , but there is in the price.

Again. I would choose the engine upgrade personally as I would see more use out of it, but look at prices from 5 years ago in the used market. Engine choice usually has little to do with actual selling price at that point. Condition and how it looks is usually more important to those that are not on this site like us. An engine upgrade is not something you "see" per say in your boat search.

I agree that for resale I most likely will not get extra for an engine upgrade, or a bling trailer for that matter. I do think that an engine upgrade may make someone chose mine over another with a smaller engine for a similar price. All that really matters is that I am happy, and a larger engine in place of some fancy wheels and treadplate is what will make me happy!

A trailer can be blinged out in the future a lot more easily than an engine can be upgraded.

Very true, and probably for a lot less than they charge you when you order the boat

Well, I went and put my LSV together today. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the LS3. I didn't do docking or transom lights. I am torn on the Aqua Mat and the Deckadence. I have it priced out now with the Aqua Mat. I also think I am going to go with a diamond hull. I opted against the tricked out trailer to help offset the cost of the engine upgrade. I had them put the tower speaker amp in, but no speakers on it so I can add my Rev 10's and a new amp without having to run new wire. Am I missing anything?

congrats on your new BU. I think you made a good choice on LS3. I wish I had order it with mine.I did not have option on Deckadence but love my AquaMat.you might think about ordering bigger Bimini top, I found it very useful.

also make sure you get duel battery set up since you are not getting full audio options.I had to get ski racks after the purchase b/c found out that there just is not enough room for my skis. my 2 cents.

Yeah, I have the battery option two as well. Two batteries on a perko switch. I think I am going to stick with the aqua mat. I am not aware of the different sizes of bimini tops. Can you enlighten me? I have the hinged commercial sewing one on there now.