Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who has ridden in a 2014 23LSV?

mrnate450r

We are going in next week to begin the process of our build on a new LSV. I know the engine debate has been beaten to death, however, that is still my concern when ordering. My dealer won't have one in before I have to put my order in/or before it gets cold. I am wondering if the Monsoon 350 will be enough even with the 2315 prop because of the extra weight the new model is. It also has a much larger fuel tank. So, if you have been in one, what engine and what were your thoughts?

Not sure what elevation your at but I am in Utah with a 13 lsv with the 410 and plug n play and the 2315 prop and I wish I would have done the 450. With the 14 getting heavier I would not do anything but the 450.

They say the running surface is unchanged but it does look a bit different at the edges at the rear... sat on one today... overall it was underwhelming... the interior feels lower quality than my 08 as there is less padding in the seat backs... the helm is nice... and other have spoken of the loss of rear locker space.... certainly evolutionary but not worth a boat change in my situation. motor I live the credo of .......buy as much motor as you can afford.

check some posts of '13 owners asking about props and SG.

I have a 13 vlx with a 2315 and 350 monsoon. You will definitely want the 450. No question about it. With the gates and wedge the new boats struggle to plane out with the 350. Read all old posts on the board. 99 % of new owners are all saying the same thing. You will never regret having the bigger engine but will think about it every time you use the boat and wish you upgraded. It's worth the investment. Trust me. I know.

I am at around 1400' elevation, so that shouldn't be an issue. I am no pro and will most likely be adding the most weight while surfing. I am thinking 750's in the rear and a 500 in the bow.

I have 750 in the rear and 500 in the nose and I can Hardly use any wedge before it starts to bog down. With all these cool devices on back it's hard to get past about 10mph surfing!!

I have a 13 vlx with a 2315 and 350 monsoon. You will definitely want the 450. No question about it. With the gates and wedge the new boats struggle to plane out with the 350. Read all old posts on the board. 99 % of new owners are all saying the same thing. You will never regret having the bigger engine but will think about it every time you use the boat and wish you upgraded. It's worth the investment. Trust me. I know.

Struggles to plane......,.125%. But you only run 2 750's in the back correct?

450 all the way.

I'm basically at sea level, and I was underwhelmed with the performance of the 350 in my '13 with the torque prop, 750's in the rear, any wedge at all and a bow triangle.

Chatt,

What prop was on the 2014 LSV that you rode in with the 450? Do you still need the 2315? Has your friend had any issues with the engine since he got the boat?

Not sure what elevation your at but I am in Utah with a 13 lsv with the 410 and plug n play and the 2315 prop and I wish I would have done the 450. With the 14 getting heavier I would not do anything but the 450.

I spent 4 days in a 14 MB 23' at Lake Powell. It is a fair comparison to the 23 lsv in weight. It has the 409hp engine with 2315 prop. With 8 adults in the boat it was using everything it had, sometimes struggling to plane out. It did get the job done, but if you can afford the extra cost I would go with the 450hp LS3. I am not sure what elevation powell is at.

I don't think the 409 has much more torque than a Monsoon 350. There is a significant torque increase from the Monsoon 350 to the LS3.

You are already spending a chunk of cash, have no regrets and get the LS3.

Well, I went and put my LSV together today. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the LS3. I didn't do docking or transom lights. I am torn on the Aqua Mat and the Deckadence. I have it priced out now with the Aqua Mat. I also think I am going to go with a diamond hull. I opted against the tricked out trailer to help offset the cost of the engine upgrade. I had them put the tower speaker amp in, but no speakers on it so I can add my Rev 10's and a new amp without having to run new wire. Am I missing anything?

Well, I went and put my LSV together today. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the LS3. I didn't do docking or transom lights. I am torn on the Aqua Mat and the Deckadence. I have it priced out now with the Aqua Mat. I also think I am going to go with a diamond hull. I opted against the tricked out trailer to help offset the cost of the engine upgrade. I had them put the tower speaker amp in, but no speakers on it so I can add my Rev 10's and a new amp without having to run new wire. Am I missing anything?

Yes do without the tower speaker amp, it is not enough power for any tower speaker, let alone a rev 10. Their wiring is also undersized, you'll want to run larger power and ground to the distribution blocks. You'll be money ahead with much better sound if you only do the speakers and black box and take it to a shop for the rest.

Plus I think now you can order nothing so no head unit or anything. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that's cool. Price out a full factory stereo and then take that number and go out one together at good audio shop familiar with marine installs.

^^^ see I think the bling trailer is pretty important for resale... How much was the upgrade from std to bling trailer?

So, if I have my boat for sale in 5 years with a non bling trailer and a LS3 engine it may not sell as well as a 409 6.0 with a bling trailer? I disagree. I would rather pay for function over looks. I think the fully blinged trailer was another $3,000ish. I did add runway lighting and the transom steps though. Yes, the stereo is an all nothing deal. The problem is that we don't have a good custom marine stereo place local. My dealer sells Wetsounds, but they don't do anything custom. I like the look of the factory speakers and I don't think there are very many options for 8" speakers. I know wetsounds and jl make some, but that is all I am aware of. I also didn't order a cover, and will order an Evolution.

So, if I have my boat for sale in 5 years with a non bling trailer and a LS3 engine it may not sell as well as a 409 6.0 with a bling trailer? I disagree. I would rather pay for function over looks. I think the fully blinged trailer was another $3,000ish. I did add runway lighting and the transom steps though. Yes, the stereo is an all nothing deal. The problem is that we don't have a good custom marine stereo place local. My dealer sells Wetsounds, but they don't do anything custom. I like the look of the factory speakers and I don't think there are very many options for 8" speakers. I know wetsounds and jl make some, but that is all I am aware of. I also didn't order a cover, and will order an Evolution.

Bling trailers are overrated. The trailer takes the largest beating and means the least when you're on the water. The engine in a boat like the new LSV is 10 times more important. Honestly I can't think of a larger waste of money than blinging out a trailer.

• Like 3