Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater Craft hot air heater wiring install question

danadog

Howdy Crew,

So I started installing my heater craft in my 02 SSLXI and thanks to this thread http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36974-heater-craft-hot-air-heater-install/?hl=heater and a bunch of others, it has gone pretty smooth so far but am lost when it comes to wiring it to a stock ACC switch.

In the thread above it shows hooking up the positive wire to an extra fuse in the fuse block see picture titled 09 heater. When I opened my fuse panel I already have wires connected to the heater fuse see 02 fuse picture. The wire that is connect to it is orange with a blue line on it and no extra spots to hook a wire up to that fuse.

Under the dash I have an unused ACC switch that already has an orange wire with blue line on it connected but there is still an unused post on it. See 02 dash pic.

Any advice on how to wire my heater so that I can use my stock switch would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-1027-0-75647500-1379788128_thumb.jp

post-1027-0-89719000-1379788552_thumb.jp

post-1027-0-32110700-1379788671_thumb.jp

Edited by danadog

if you don't care about having multiple speeds, you can hook the orange wire from the heatercraft unit to the output wire on the unused switch. You will then have off and hi. Heaters in open air boats aren't really all that impressive. I've never ever used anything but hi anyway.

if you don't care about having multiple speeds, you can hook the orange wire from the heatercraft unit to the output wire on the unused switch. You will then have off and hi. Heaters in open air boats aren't really all that impressive. I've never ever used anything but hi anyway.

Thanks Shawndoggy.

Where do I hook the red power wire that comes from the heater and I assume I need to still hook up the black ground wire?

Edited by danadog