Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why is my Malibu so smooth?

Vettesetter

My 08 VTX is so smooth, not in regard to the hull taking on waves, but in the throttle and drive smoothness. I have tried a friends Mastercraft X-15 and also a new 226 Supreme that were not nearly as smooth. Granted, the other hulls are larger (22.5' and 21.5') but the difference was substantial. All the boats had Indmar motors and Acme props.

So are you refering to vibration on torque-up to WOT? I would say it all has to do with Malibus R&D and there FIBECS Engine Mounting system. My TXi, tourques up to WOT not missing a beat with an even torque curve all the way.

On a side note! My offer still stands, I'f your interested in a foot off the boom I would be glad to give you a pull. I'm always lookig for some entertainment. Lol just kidding on the latter. :)

So are you refering to vibration on torque-up to WOT? I would say it all has to do with Malibus R&D and there FIBECS Engine Mounting system. My TXi, tourques up to WOT not missing a beat with an even torque curve all the way.

On a side note! My offer still stands, I'f your interested in a foot off the boom I would be glad to give you a pull. I'm always lookig for some entertainment. Lol just kidding on the latter. :)

Yes, vibration on torque up to WOT, and also at idle.

Thanks for the offer, but although the entertainment factor is high, (for you), the pain and walking factor takes precedence. I'll take a rain check, and maybe after I drop a substantial amount of excess body weight, I'll be up for the abuse/entertainment.

• Like 1

Yes, vibration on torque up to WOT, and also at idle.

Thanks for the offer, but although the entertainment factor is high, (for you), the pain and walking factor takes precedence. I'll take a rain check, and maybe after I drop a substantial amount of excess body weight, I'll be up for the abuse/entertainment.

Precedence! Yes I can relate, had I not lost over 25 last winter and worked out, wouldn't have been back at this season.

Hope to see you up at the Pitt next season.

My 08 VTX is so smooth, not in regard to the hull taking on waves, but in the throttle and drive smoothness. I have tried a friends Mastercraft X-15 and also a new 226 Supreme that were not nearly as smooth. Granted, the other hulls are larger (22.5' and 21.5') but the difference was substantial. All the boats had Indmar motors and Acme props.

My buddies Maristar is probably 12 years old, but man it drives like a truck. Throttle is like you are operating a ships telegraph and steering is like a Mack truck with manual steering. Ok, maybe not that bad but it is his biggest gripe about and otherwise good boat (for what he uses if for, and OK the tower rattles) and everytime he drives the VTX he thinks about getting a Malibu.

My Vride is an 05...... Old school. And people still comment on how smooth it drives.....throttle, steering, & the ride itself.

It doesn't suck.

-

Bill

Same. The vRide is a gem. Everyone who drives mine always says how smooth and easy it is compared to their own boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1