Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing vlx

DGorrell

I will be winterizing soon and have a few questions. I plan to use my flush port to feed antifreeze via a small pump. Is this going to flush everything? My boat has a heater core under the dash. Will the antifreeze make its way thru this loop? I plan to catch the antifreeze exiting the exhaust in a tote and recycling back thru the cooling system with the boat running until it reaches running temp to lift the thermostat. Does anybody have any input? Am I missing anything? Thanks

If you search around the site, there are some great guides for winterizing. I don't have the link or I would post it here. If your running anti freeze through I would recommend draining the whole system of water before running the anti freeze in so it is not diluted.

If there is no water in the system antifreeze should be cycled up into your heatercore, unless it is some sort of closed system.

Yes I forgot to mention I would drain the water first, thanks. I winterized the boat myself last year with no problems by draining the water and pouring in the antifreeze. Just thought this way would get everything better and be easier. Thanks for the reply

I would think that would be fine. Make sure once the engine is warm to crank up your heater and get the anti freeze up through the loop. I don't have a heater so not the best person to be commenting. If the hoses disconnect easily you could blow the lines to your heater with compressed air.

I flush the engine with anti freeze by pouring it in the raw water inlet line. Just to be safe. 2 winters with -40 Celsius up here in Canada with no troubles.

Good luck