Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

my 2013 Damage Pictures show yours

Rmack

I know this may be a stomach turning post, but talking about it and posting pictures of the damage you had in 2013 will help. It's therapeutic!

These pics are of the bottom damage when we hit a sand bar wake surfing.

post-2645-0-27075000-1379777281_thumb.jp

post-2645-0-52858200-1379777413_thumb.jp

post-2645-0-07226500-1379777437_thumb.jp

post-2645-0-93253800-1379777482_thumb.jp

Edited by Rmack

Don't feel bad I just got my boat back from the shop after $4700 worth of repairs. Hit something GOOD in the river....Bent driveshaft, bent strut, bent rudder,bent rudder shaft, bent prop,major stress cracks around the strut and rudder shaft under the boat. I feel your pain hopefully 2014 season will be kind to both of us.

Don't feel bad I just got my boat back from the shop after $4700 worth of repairs. Hit something GOOD in the river....Bent driveshaft, bent strut, bent rudder,bent rudder shaft, bent prop,major stress cracks around the strut and rudder shaft under the boat. I feel your pain hopefully 2014 season will be kind to both of us.

+1. Same damage same cost. Drought down here is horrendous! Edited by Texoma LSV

Hit a log during Memorial Day weekend - bye bye tracking fin:

photomay26172023.jpg

Had to pull the tank and removed the other fin to repair the damage. Re-installed the back fin, for the front I replaced it with a lag-bolt style from the direct drive version of this hull. Glad I did as I hit another log in August and ripped the front one out - again.

Hit a log during Memorial Day weekend - bye bye tracking fin:

photomay26172023.jpg

Had to pull the tank and removed the other fin to repair the damage. Re-installed the back fin, for the front I replaced it with a lag-bolt style from the direct drive version of this hull. Glad I did as I hit another log in August and ripped the front one out - again.

river?

I know this may be a stomach turning post, but talking about it and posting pictures of the damage you had in 2013 will help. It's therapeutic!

These pics are of the bottom damage when we hit a sand bar wake surfing.

I think a little wax and elbow grease could work that out. :)