Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Does this prop have hope ?

cstk421

Even without the collar damage, I dont think you could get it balanced. I have tried.

I have a 'fixed' prop that was nowhere near that bad that sends shudders through the boat when I use it.It's near impossible to get them balanced ever again.

• 1 month later...

Well to all of those that had no hope for that poor 537........

Want to send a shout out to Nettle Props that did a great job and didn't take advantage of me !!!!

Here's a pic of the 537 after magic ...

IMG_4571_zps94be8ebb.jpg

Thanks,

Claudio

Edited by cstk421

Well to all of those that had no hope for that poor 537........

Want to send a shout out to Nettle Props that did a great job and didn't take advantage of me !!!!

Here's a pic of the 537 after magic ...

IMG_4571_zps94be8ebb.jpg

Thanks,

Claudio

I don't believe it. Either he swapped props on you or he is a magician!

ahopkins22LSV

That's awesome! How much was the cost difference between the repair and a new prop? I still may have just bought a new one and left that one hanging in the garage and a good laugh. After the bitterness if having to buy a new prop wears off obviously :)

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome! How much was the cost difference between the repair and a new prop? I still may have just bought a new one and left that one hanging in the garage and a good laugh. After the bitterness if having to buy a new prop wears off obviously :)

The repair on that one was 175 and the new one (on sale) was ~440. Didn't want to buy a new one b/c i have a new 2249 (which also had to get repaired from minor balance issues). For the money I thought a spare for that price was great.

I don't believe it. Either he swapped props on you or he is a magician!

I still want to know what it feels like when you put it on the boat.

Have you run it yet?

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 2

I still want to know what it feels like when you put it on the boat.

Have you run it yet?

No I haven't had the chance I'm in Canada working right now. I'm hoping the week of thanksgiving when I'm off I will have time to de-winterize throw both props that were repaired on, try 'em and put her away.

Ill let you know

Claudio

No I haven't had the chance I'm in Canada working right now. I'm hoping the week of thanksgiving when I'm off I will have time to de-winterize throw both props that were repaired on, try 'em and put her away.

Ill let you know

Claudio

You are going to still have liquid water in Canada in late November?

ahopkins22LSV

You are going to still have liquid water in Canada in late November?

Looks like he is in the SE MI area. Lake St Clair won't freeze until late December/early January. Says he is working in Canada right now.