Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Does this prop have hope ?

cstk421

This is my memorial day prop from last year. The only way we could get it off was by cutting it with a Sawzall in order to get it to break loose. We didn't cut through the collar but the one side is close. Does anyone have thoughts or experience with getting a prop like this repaired ? I would love to have it as a spare. Any recommended shops I should contact ? Thanks !

photo4-3_zps4572c8c9.jpgphoto3-3_zps03037c2a.jpg

photo2-5_zps2bda8ec3.jpg

photo2-6_zps94f1ed61.jpg

photo1-4_zpsb5c5f4ef.jpg

photo5-5_zpsd6ba0824.jpg

photo4-6_zpsf0d9ed45.jpg

photo4-5_zps5d544c26.jpg

photo3-5_zps319296be.jpg

photo2-8_zps6ec24309.jpg

photo1-6_zpsee8a89f7.jpg

photo5-2_zpsab953186.jpg

photo3-2_zps5703dc28.jpg

photo2-4_zpsbae7bf32.jpg

photo1-3_zps4efb6b20.jpg

I have never seen a prop that had to be cut like that.. did you try the normal prop puller and torch technique? after looking at it, I have little hope for it.. but i have seen prop shops do some amazing things... So it woulnt hurt to bring it to a prop shop and ask. or just call ACME and ask them