Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chadillac MXZ

chadwick02

How cold will you go? Air and water?

42 air 36 water is my current record, but that's just because I haven't had a colder day before ice up. I ride until ice forms and I ride 2 weeks after ice out (have to let the debris float down stream or you'll really trash the boat on a semi-submerged ice chunk / log)

You're hanging out with the wrong women...

It's not who I "hang out with" It's who you can find. I ask everyone I come across if they want to go out on the boat and there are no takers. If you're honest with yourself I'm sure you know that any women you have found that actually do ride, you must know you're darn lucky to have them.

Wish I would have known you pulled the trigger on selling. If it wouldn't work for me my brother is moving to Point after being in IL for 16 years.

Where and when is the move? Wish I could have been a third for ya. Just bad timing in my life for that right now.

Wish I would have thought of contacting you. The move is to South Carolina and will come as soon as we get an accepted offer on a house down there. We are currently offering on our "dream house" but we cannot offer as much as we would like to so we are unsure if they will accept it. We will make an offer now to see if they will take it. If they don't by end of Feb we will be able to make an offer they can't refuse, so we could be moving anywhere from just after Christmas to early March. We will put our house in town here up for sale after we move, so if you know anyone looking for a house in Weston let me know :)

Chad that sound system looks VERY clean - nice work! In the future feel free to simply coat the wood with fiberglass resin as well. If you lay down a wet coating over the wood you'll never have to worry about moisture either. I'm sure you're also fine with the setup you've got. I am really digging your boat, looks very nice and I am really digging the bluetooth idea. This means anyone that walks on your boat can easily play their music as well right? So basically if everyone brings their phones anyone can DJ right? This is a GREAT idea and one I would love to steal should I ever be able to afford a new boat and get one without the head unit and start fresh.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Great boat Chadwick. Always love seeing what some of you guys come up with.

Thanks man!

Strings? Those are probably spares. You know, like you always carry a spare rope or two. But in the final analysis, it probably boils cown to: no strings attached, and that ain't bad.

Spare boot laces, duhh

That looks great. You plan on making a trip to VA anytime soon? I could always use some audio help!

Thanks!!

Ive got a bunch of good friends in VA and the carolina's, I try to venture down there every year or two, and I'm due. I'll hit ya up, if its any warmer there than it is here we can hit the water and I'll take a look at any projects you got going on - I love this stuff!

Chad that sound system looks VERY clean - nice work! In the future feel free to simply coat the wood with fiberglass resin as well. If you lay down a wet coating over the wood you'll never have to worry about moisture either. I'm sure you're also fine with the setup you've got. I am really digging your boat, looks very nice and I am really digging the bluetooth idea. This means anyone that walks on your boat can easily play their music as well right? So basically if everyone brings their phones anyone can DJ right? This is a GREAT idea and one I would love to steal should I ever be able to afford a new boat and get one without the head unit and start fresh.

Thanks. Yes. thats the point, anyone with bluetooth or a headphone jack can hook into the system and play DJ, yet the driver still has ultimate volume and source control if needed. You should be able to retrofit any existing stereo to work the same way, but it is simpler and much more cost effective to do it in the beginning!

• Like 2

I still really enjoy seeing these updates and the boat seems amazing.

Chad: Your old wheels and tires are tempting as I think they would look good on my trailer. I wish you didn't live in MA!

how far are you from Lansing MI? We do business with a dock/lift company based out of Lansing. We'll constantly have loads coming here, and i bet for a case of beer they'd be more than willing to bring 4 wheels back to the office.

ahopkins22LSV

how far are you from Lansing MI? We do business with a dock/lift company based out of Lansing. We'll constantly have loads coming here, and i bet for a case of beer they'd be more than willing to bring 4 wheels back to the office.

Ah man I wasn't expecting this! Haha. For the next five weeks I'm actually going to be going to mason, mi everyday which is about tenish miles south of Lansing. And I would only need two. Idk if I can swing it with the wife though lol

I expect to see a wood grain steering wheel or one ripped out from a Cadillac! old or new works

We've actually been contemplating that. Just not sure how to execute it properly to make it work, and I'm afraid it might block view of the ipod or MTC - the single spoke on the boat is very functional.

Ah man I wasn't expecting this! Haha. For the next five weeks I'm actually going to be going to mason, mi everyday which is about tenish miles south of Lansing. And I would only need two. Idk if I can swing it with the wife though lol

That's an easy one. Pay cash and don't tell her. How's she going to know??

HA! She will know, She always finds out.

Chad - tried to PM you but I think your inbox is full.

cleaned out - thanks for the heads up! Try again.

I expect to see a wood grain steering wheel or one ripped out from a Cadillac! old or new works

THIS (with the heated steering wheel feature maintained)

• Like 1

FORGOT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTNAT PARTS!!

Here it is, Peter of Smooth Water sports is diggin around in there for something!!

IMG_2025.jpg

chadillac malibu 22 mxz

Edited by chadwick02
  • Like 2

DING----Cookies are done!

It does fit, but you better believe its better served as sandal tray on the porch than covering up that beauty!!

You could cook cookies in there, it gets nice and toasty! On my list of misc things to do, I'd like to put a vent / louver in the engine dividers to try to get some of that heat out of the engine bay and to warm/dry jackets in the lockers - anyone with thoughts on what to use for a vent speak up! Looking for something sort of like a heater vent, maybe 4 - 6" in diameter that can be simply slid/rotated open or closed, and has a low profile.

• 1 month later...

Stereo Part 1

Malibu's factory stereo options are great for most, but myself and a few buddies have fun thinking outside the box when it comes to sound, and enjoy the creativity and wiring work, so we ordered the boat sans stereo.

Sound objectives were simple:

1 - a simple and easy to use system. Ipods and Aux in are our only sources. No CD's, no radio, no need for a traditional head unit. Out of my comfort zone? Yup. But we tried it, and love it now.

2- Top notch sound quality.

The current iphone 4/5 fits almost PERFECT into the factory blank that comes with a boat ordered without a stereo. We cut into the backing, mounted a RAM iphone mount and wired in a right angle Ipod cable. The cable acts as a charger only, audio is transmitted via Bluetooth to an Exile ZLD (will post on that next).

The result: a mount that holds an iphone into the dash that looks slick, easily accessible by the driver, and permanent power (our main source is an old iphone that we keep in the boat, but bluetooth and the aux in means guests can easily connect and play their music), its always ready to roll. With the push of a button the ipod can be popped out of the mount and passed around the boat giving passengers ability to chose songs, build play lists, take pictures..etc.

Chicks love having control of the music anywhere in the boat, driver has ultimate volume control, great sound quality,very simple.

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

Looks great. One concern would be the heat from black dash locking up I phone till it cools back down? My black I phone setting on my black dash will heat lock in 90 degree sunny weather.