Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chadillac MXZ

chadwick02

Very slick. I like it! :thumbup:

Does malibu send the plate with no cut out cubby or anything when you don't order a stereo? Seems strange to mount the plate not framing anything.

Yup, Bluetooth is key here!

Exile ZLD as our main volume control: Easy control off the entire system volume, and individual control of tower, cabin, and sub right at your fingertips with good ole' analogue volume knobs. No menu's to navigate, no digital 'click' up and down buttons - just volume knobs that can be adjusted in a split second without looking down.

My last boat had Exile Audio components in it and we were very happy with both the products and the company, so going with them again was a no brainer.

As a side note - easy volume adjustment has always been a priority for us in the boats. We're constantly adjusting it to hear conversation, turning it up to compensate for engine/wind noise, turning it down to converse when picking up a rider, ...etc (more on automatic volume control later..). This ease of control became even more critical after I permanently lost all the hearing in my right ear during brain surgery last march. With only one ear I have a very difficult time differentiating sounds and focusing on listening to what I need too, so the ability to mute, or cut the volume way down quickly has proved to be very important for us now!

The ZLD has two inputs - we wired a Milennia MIL-BTREC bluetooth receiver to the main input (an awesome dongle, hardwired, good range and sound quality!) and an 1/8" aux cable to the other input. We wired the aux input to the observers side so its easy to plug in over there.

Also, ignore the JL sub in some of the pictures. We stuffed that in temporarily for some low end and to aid in box configuration...etc.

IMG_8936.JPG

Edited by chadwick02

Absolutly open to emblum and decal ideas, we've already got a few in the works!

Are you open to lighting ideas? It would be awesome to use some re-pop 50's bullet taillights on the trailer.

:laugh:

Chad, are you going to be up peters way next weekend? Would love to get your thoughts on that LSA? Possibly swap pulls if you'reup for riding in the snow ;-)

Are you open to lighting ideas? It would be awesome to use some re-pop 50's bullet taillights on the trailer.

:laugh:

hahaha. Mann That'd be sweet! Not sure about retro style lights, but mannn if we could figure out how to fit some V lights on to the trailer... hmmmm!

Chad, are you going to be up peters way next weekend? Would love to get your thoughts on that LSA? Possibly swap pulls if you'reup for riding in the snow ;-)

This coming weekend? Dont think so. But, I'll swap thoughts on the LSA all day long. I LOVE IT.

Yup, Bluetooth is key here!

Exile ZLD as our main volume control: Easy control off the entire system volume, and individual control of tower, cabin, and sub right at your fingertips with good ole' analogue volume knobs. No menu's to navigate, no digital 'click' up and down buttons - just volume knobs that can be adjusted in a split second without looking down.

My last boat had Exile Audio components in it and we were very happy with both the products and the company, so going with them again was a no brainer.

As a side note - easy volume adjustment has always been a priority for us in the boats. We're constantly adjusting it to hear conversation, turning it up to compensate for engine/wind noise, turning it down to converse when picking up a rider, ...etc (more on automatic volume control later..). This ease of control became even more critical after I permanently lost all the hearing in my right ear during brain surgery last march. With only one ear I have a very difficult time differentiating sounds and focusing on listening to what I need too, so the ability to mute, or cut the volume way down quickly has proved to be very important for us now!

The ZLD has two inputs - we wired a Milennia MIL-BTREC bluetooth receiver to the main input (an awesome dongle, hardwired, good range and sound quality!) and an 1/8" aux cable to the other input. We wired the aux input to the observers side so its easy to plug in over there.

Also, ignore the JL sub in some of the pictures. We stuffed that in temporarily for some low end and to aid in box configuration...etc.

IMG_8936.JPG

I have searched high and low to find a way to get rid of the head unit on my 13'LSV. This is a great idea! Did you completely remove the "black box"? Can you still use all of the video features?

Looks GREAT!

I have searched high and low to find a way to get rid of the head unit on my 13'LSV. This is a great idea! Did you completely remove the "black box"? Can you still use all of the video features?

Looks GREAT!

Yes, no black box at all. The ZLD has two inputs - you can connect to them what ever you want (regular RCA inputs), we chose a bluetooth dongle and 1/8" aux headphone jack. Cant think of a mobile device, phone or ipod that we cant make work with that set up. On the front of the ZLD the driver chooses which of the two inputs, and has ultimate volume control (cabin, tower, sub, and a simple EQ too). Audio signal from the ZLD is carried via RCA audio cables to amp(s). No head unit, no black box, just an ipod, ZLD, and some amps. Can be as simple or complex as you want, and its got everything needed to make starting small and expanding later easy (with zero backtracking).

Hold up....wait.....Who was riding what?

Nice donk. HAHA.

My girlfriend would murder me, concrete my feet, and throw me in the Willamette if I posted a picture like such.

Send me one Mase, I'll throw it up.