Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chadillac MXZ

chadwick02

Cadillac LSA power
Cadillac black
Cadillac style
This, is project Chadillac.

We started this build back in the spring, picked it up new from Peter and crew at Smooth Water Sports in NY (awesome people and an awesome experience!!). It has slowly transformed over the past few months, with plenty more work to come. I will post progress in this thread as we go!

478870_10101302031585152_1512645301_o.jp

IMG_8737.JPG

post-1978-0-91839400-1379560959_thumb.jp

Edited by chadwick02
  • Like 1

Thanks for pointing that out - had my image host linked wrong. I could see them when reloading the thread but dont think anyone else could. Think there are a couple photos that should show up now!?

Edited by chadwick02

Nice lookin boat!

So excuse me being dense....

Are you repowering it? Wrapping it in black? It looks black in the picture on the lift. What other mods are you doin to give it the Cadillac feel?

I'm a little confused too. What's the build? It looks like a stock boat, but you said it has slowly transformed over the past few months? Are these the before pictures and you will be posting after pictures?

If you look at his profile,I think it started as a 2011 Malibu VTX w/ Cut Diamond and he transformed into a MXZ with the Caddy LSA. Very impressive if you ask me!

Edited by jcon44
  • Like 1

hahaha that ludacris song is awesome gonna have to add it to our boat playlist!!

Yes, as pictured there, stock. No need to change the LSA, that baby is a keeper! What an awesome motor in a 22!

More pics coming soon, sit tight :)

First up: rims and tires. No Cadillac is complete without fancy wheels, and a boat trailer should be no exception.

New Cadillac CTS-V wheels and Hankook V12 tires.

The wheels on a CTS-V are staggered (rear wheels are wider than the front). Boatmate trailers was awesome and, after some math and calculations, put custom length axles on the trailer to accommodate both the different wheel offsets and the larger wheels on the rear axle. Wider fenders, custom hubs from UFP to accept the different bolt pattern, some last minute machining, and some axle heigh adjustments thanks to Smooth Water Sports!

Ridiculous?? Absolutely! More time has been spent on getting these wheels on the trailer than anything else. But worth it - it tows awesome and looks great.

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

Having owned a cts-v, I'd suggest you get one of those small fender "V" decals and put it on the surfgate of the back of the boat or something. Or, maybe remove the wakesetter decal and get a shop to make a vinyl "V" to put in its place. Just tossing ideas out. Looks great as-is!

I guess i don't see the benefit of the staggered wheels on the trailer, why not just get two sets of fronts and save some work? the rims look really nice but seems like a lot of wasted resources there.. on another note, i agree with the others in that a V logo might look nice.. Thanks for the pics.

I guess i don't see the benefit of the staggered wheels on the trailer, why not just get two sets of fronts and save some work? the rims look really nice but seems like a lot of wasted resources there.. on another note, i agree with the others in that a V logo might look nice.. Thanks for the pics.

I thought that too but he probably found someone who put aftermarket wheels on their CTS-V and bought the used package.

J5lkp4f.jpg

May not even be possible but....

drop that V down to the left of the red check and stretch the angle of the V so it runs parallel to the red check.

V 22mxz