Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mooring Boat

I'm going to have my boat(not a Malibu) in a local lake for just under two months. I am so excited to have the boat in the water and ready whenever I want to go board.

What should I do to prepare the Gel coat and everything else for the water. I'm thinking that I should wax the outside and then clean and protect the interior. Anything else i should do????

Who knows...maybe Jetskipro will put his malibu in my boat slip for awhile( and take the Bluewater away)..................?

Edited by chadellt85

You will need to have a cover that will fit tightly and not fill up with water when it rains (which it does do around here occasionally :) ). I try to pull the boat out every 3 to 4 weeks to give the hull a cleaning with Tony's Topical Toilet Tonic and reapply wax. At the same time I put on some more 303 to the vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna need a REALLY big cover for a BlueWater

Why?

On a mooring question also has anybody any advice on best course of action on mooring/ storage of boat in my following situation. 00 Malibu VLX garage too small to fit boat but have a slip/jetty at back of the house in brackish water. Option 1 Antifoul bottom of boat and store at rear of house, cheapest and most convenient option. Option 2 Store boat in public storage more expensive and launch/trailering disadavantage. Option 3 drop 2.5k-5k and get boat lift Very expensive option. Appreciate feedback. To consdier also my only current cover is the trailer cover which is not too effective as a cover and a rankin cover seems to run at about $700. Also anybody have any idea on the annodes to prevent galvanic corossion on the bu VLX I can't seem to find them.

I'm not the best one to answer these questions but, what I would do is:

Get the lift, even though it's gonna cost, it's gonna add to the value of your property. And, it will be the best way to keep the boat nice.

I wouldn't go slapping on some anti fouling agent along the hull (although, I don't really know what that is) because that will probably change some characteristics of the boat travelling through the water and even wake size and shape. Also, think about resale value.

Storage place is out of the question. Why bother having waterside property if you can't have your boat on your property. Lastly, I'd look into getting a cheapo car canopy to mount over the boat while it's on the lift. I'd set it up so that when the boat is fully lifted out of the water, it's up pretty high into the underside of the canopy. This, of course, depends on what you have for a tower.

I'm not the best one to answer these questions but, what I would do is:

Get the lift, even though it's gonna cost, it's gonna add to the value of your property. And, it will be the best way to keep the boat nice.

I wouldn't go slapping on some anti fouling agent along the hull (although, I don't really know what that is) because that will probably change some characteristics of the boat travelling through the water and even wake size and shape. Also, think about resale value.

Storage place is out of the question. Why bother having waterside property if you can't have your boat on your property. Lastly, I'd look into getting a cheapo car canopy to mount over the boat while it's on the lift. I'd set it up so that when the boat is fully lifted out of the water, it's up pretty high into the underside of the canopy. This, of course, depends on what you have for a tower.

Pete is definitely right on this. Bottom paint will absolutely kill your resale value on a skiboat.

I concur with the above sentiments, figure out how to get the lift - it will change your boating life (you will use it MUCH more frequently. That said I would be much more inclined to recommend storing it at a public storage facility over leaving it in the water... Brackish water will really do a number on the boat... Malibu's weren't really designed for it... I often use my boat in brackish water and despite all of the hours and hours of extra effort I put into keepiong it clean and flushed, there is no denying that it is worse on the baot than fresh water...

JZ