Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat storage

Chad33

Rather than storing my boat indoors for 6 months like I usually have to do in Vancouver, I'm thinking about keeping my boat at home under a heavy storm trap this winter. I would get it winterized in late November with plans of getting back to riding on the odd nice day is february. Anyone else store their boats outdoors? Any suggestions?

Two covers. your good boat cover on and over that a sacrificial tarp to help keep things dry and the snow weight off the good cover. There needs to be some air between the two covers, Iusually go over thetower with the tarp so there is a lot of airflow between the two.

Other than the usuall cleaning and winterization it really is not much different. Just make sure you keep the snow off the weight will ruin any cover you put on it.

Rather than storing my boat indoors for 6 months like I usually have to do in Vancouver, I'm thinking about keeping my boat at home under a heavy storm trap this winter. I would get it winterized in late November with plans of getting back to riding on the odd nice day is february. Anyone else store their boats outdoors? Any suggestions?

Always looking for storage options in the lower mainland so wondering where have you stored your boat indoors in the past?

I have been towing up to Tow and Stow in Kelowna every October and then waiting until late spring to tow it back to avoid rock chips. I wish the Canadian tire tents were big enough but they only come 20 feet long.

I have been towing up to Tow and Stow in Kelowna every October and then waiting until late spring to tow it back to avoid rock chips. I wish the Canadian tire tents were big enough but they only come 20 feet long.

I've had my 23 under one of those 20 foot long tents I just cut a hole in the back canvas so swim grid can hang out or remove grid and cut hole for wedge to stick out and only about a foot of bow sticks out the front. You could rig up a tarp front and back to cover the parts sticking out of tent and attach to frame and you would be fully covered

Never thought about cutting a hole at allow for the wedge. I may try that and rig up a tarp to allow for the extra couple of feet at the front. Also thought about getting two of the 20 foot tents and overlapping them.