Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu needs to step up its game...bigger ballast ..new boat !

malibu.c.c

Mastercaft offers wraps so does tige !
Guys relax I said offer a limited edition boat with some of the above I mentioned ,.,.
These Texas editions and liquid force editions ..are just ....

Offer something limited edition with huge factory ballast system ! Yes some people
Want this that why its gojng to be limited edition !

G.s look terrible ..yet they won so many awards ..
Xstar ..terrible ...you say

Get real if half the guys in here could afford these boats they would jump at the
Chance to own them !
Lets stop .... each other !

If Malibu could offer the best of both boats in one it will have a winner ..a limited edition
That will sell ..and if priced right will go head on with the g's and xstar's !

I think that's what tige is aiming for with the new boat and new tige team with ratty ,dean smith,dominik ...and others...

Edited by WakeGirl
Please watch the profanity

You obviously have no idea how many former MC owners are here & now own a Malibu.

Get real if half the guys in here could afford these boats they would jump at the
Chance to own them !

That goes both ways ..and I am talking about g's and the xstar ..not the rest of the boat ranges they have .,Malibu kicks ... there !
And you have no clue how many Malibu owners went to g' ...

Edited by WakeGirl
Please watch the profanity

Shawn, you can order a boat without Maliview. At least you still could in 2013 to my knowledge. There was a 12 with a Manual wedge and no Maliview on onlyinboards not too long ago

Seems like that'd be a problem with the new dash tho?

That goes both ways ..and I am talking about g's and the xstar ..not the rest of the boat ranges they have .,Malibu kicks ... there !

And you have no clue how many Malibu owners went to g' ...

Pretty sure I do.... not many. Like others have said already. The guys who did buy Gs were not riders, but posers & toobers. Says a lot in my book.

I, for one, am glad that BU has not lost focus on its bread and butter, which is to offer a super nice and luxurious boat, with very nice options, which produces a great wakeboarding wake, ski wake and/or surf wave, but without the absurd msrp's that CC and MC have. Why in the world would we want BU to offer a 150k 23 ft wakeboat with a terrible tower that shakes like crazy?

Edited by Chattwake

Pretty sure I do.... not many. Like others have said already. The guys who did buy Gs were not riders, but posers & toobers. Says a lot in my book.

85% of the people I see in any ski boat are posers and tubers(malibu, nautique, mastercraft). I think the good people on this forum are the exception to this.

Mastercaft offers wraps so does tige !

Guys relax I said offer a limited edition boat with some of the above I mentioned ,.,.

These Texas editions and liquid force editions ..are just ....

Offer something limited edition with huge factory ballast system ! Yes some people

Want this that why its gojng to be limited edition !

G.s look terrible ..yet they won so many awards ..

Xstar ..terrible ...you say

Chance to own them !

If Malibu could offer the best of both boats in one it will have a winner ..a limited edition

That will sell ..and if priced right will go head on with the g's and xstar's !

I think that's what tige is aiming for with the new boat and new tige team with ratty ,dean smith,dominik ...and others...

all your posts indicate that you are wanting Malibu to build a boat just like the G's and X's. why don't you buy one of those and and but Malibu stickers and names plates on them and Bingo, you got your dream boat.

I like my BU just as is and do not want it to mimick those others.

I can honestly say I would not own a G23 or a X-Star. I would own a X-15 or a 210.

I will keep my 06 VLX over a brand new free X-15. I have ridden X-15's and X-2 and yet to enjoy the wake behind it. They get super wide really soon so riding past a 70' line is out.

If you like to board and ride behind a G you won't care if its ugly. I was super skeptical about my dad wanting to replace his wakesetter with one so I went for a set behind it. After the ride I told him to buy the boat. It might not be the fanciest or sleekest boat on the water, but it can toss a wake at 23mph(and this is my main concern)

I would honestly love to see Malibu increase the stock ballast amount to over 2500lbs. It doesn't need to be crazy, but the wake honestly gets a lot nicer to ride if you are decent with 1000+lbs over factory. Malibu has the best flowing tower out there and some of the cleanest looking boats so I don't think that needs to change. I do feel instead of adding a fancy new display or something to get back to fundamentals of building the best boats to ride behind. In my mind all you really need is to carry some extra weight, I will upgrade in time.

Edited by black06VLX

What does the upper middle class guy need "Pro Class Wakes" for? Two blow out the other knee?"

I also don't need a hand stitched interior that looks like it came out of a Ferrari or Lambo factory.

The G3's simplicity is the best part of it. No motors or ugly graphics on the tower. I would take the G3 or the old Flight Control over all else.

There are features on both the MC and the CC lines that I would like to have but not at the premium they are asking for them.

Like a few have said, CC and MC can keep their 120k+ Boats. I will save 30k and get a new 23lsv.

Good grief! I'm all for adding another boat to the line. Why not have that option to compete against competors? This has turned into bash the other brand instead of let's do something to take their business.

If your g3 tower shakes like the power tower, you must not have had it tightened up all the way or something.

What power tower have you seen shake, besides the first two that were thrown on a couple boats for their introduction 4 years ago?? The zft3 definitely had some shake to it, but the zft4, and zft5 are VERY sturdy towers. Def more so, than the G3 I had. (Which wasn't really that bad IMO.) I have owned two MCs with PT and they never shook, or rattled.

I think the modern x-star and G-series boats are simply too big for all but a very small portion of the market. I can admire aspects of the G-series boats, but no matter if I was in love with a G23 or G25, my truck, garage, boat lift, and dock simply could not accomodate those boats. I think my wife and I would also struggle navigating the G25 and x-star around the dock and trailer.

The 24MXZ and 247 LSV are large boats that cater to a much smaller market than the VLX and 23 LSV markets. I don't think Malibu is forgoing a very large slice of the market by not producing boats that go directly head-to-head with a G25 or X-star and I think the 24MXZ and 247 LSV come pretty close.

I think the modern x-star and G-series boats are simply too big for all but a very small portion of the market. I can admire aspects of the G-series boats, but no matter if I was in love with a G23 or G25, my truck, garage, boat lift, and dock simply could not accomodate those boats. I think my wife and I would also struggle navigating the G25 and x-star around the dock and trailer.

The 24MXZ and 247 LSV are large boats that cater to a much smaller market than the VLX and 23 LSV markets. I don't think Malibu is forgoing a very large slice of the market by not producing boats that go directly head-to-head with a G25 or X-star and I think the 24MXZ and 247 LSV come pretty close.

Even if not trying to compete with those boats, I think every single boat in the wakesetter series could benefit from an increase in factory ballast. Go from 1250lbs to 2000-2500lbs. They need to get at least 550lbs in the rear lockers, up to 750lbs would be sweet. I am sure its possible to get over 500lbs in the bow tank if they sink some below the floor(entire tank in my mind should be below and give people the underseat storage) and than add another few hundred pounds to the center tank.

I could be off base and not in the normal group of people who are satisfied with factory 1250lbs and the wedge. But I do know I ride 23-23.2mph and the factory ballast wake I hit at that speed is much smaller than what a person riding at 20-21mph hits. This is my one gripe with Malibu rigth now. Its been the same amount of ballast in every boat for the last 8+ years. The sport has progressed and I think you should to. Add all the fancy upgrades you want, but don't forget about the people that got into a malibu because of the wakes! We are die hards and love the boats hence why we replumb, tweak and adjust our boats. Would be nice to see you que off this.

I could be off base and not in the normal group of people who are satisfied with factory 1250lbs and the wedge. But I do know I ride 23-23.2mph and the factory ballast wake I hit at that speed is much smaller than what a person riding at 20-21mph hits.

It's been a couple of years since I've ridden behind a VLX and I've gotten a lot better in that time. The wake on my boat is kinda finiky at lower speeds so I've gotten used to 23 at 70'. Went out on a friend's 11 vlx and with full ballast and the wedge I had the same experience that it was very small at 23. Boy was it clean at 18 tho!