Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu needs to step up its game...bigger ballast ..new boat !

malibu.c.c

Malibu Kick ... wake edition !
New tower similar to mastercraft !
Factory ballast like G23!
New rear end ...now all malibu's starting to look the same...
New gauges ...
Bigger storage ..
Interior in new lsv is nice..stay with lsv interior add reversible bench seat
And one bad ... wrap !
Limited edition boat !
Come on Malibu you need a bad ... ,monster wake boat !
450 hp engine standard
Bigger wedge
Larger surfgates

Need to get up there with the big boys !
Tige is coming out with a monster wake boat October 2nd ..
Nautique has the g's
Mastercraft xstar ...

These have huge wakes on factory ballast !
If Malibu that is better quality and more reliable can do
Something better ...

Edited by WakeGirl
Please watch the profanity

Out of all the towers out there ..mastercraft towers look the money ! Yes the G3 is solid

But outdated ...even an optional tower ...so people can still have G3 ...

It's time to change ..5 years now ...even going to an MXZ ..I will still get same tower and

Instruments ,interior that have been available now for 5 years !

If someone is going to change every 1-2-3 years ...it would be nice to

Step into something different ..seeing prices keep going up and his going to

Spend a fortune to upgrade ..

As for Tige...the new boat will be exciting to see for sure. But they have changed so much every freaking year that you have no idea how to buy a used Tige. They change engines, options and wake enhancements every year or two. I love that they are trying, but I sort of wish that they would finally leave something alone.

At least with a used Malibu, I know what I am getting without having to wonder if year X is the year that they made change Y.

• Like 2

Malibu Kick ... wake edition !

New tower similar to mastercraft !

Factory ballast like G23!

New rear end ...now all malibu's starting to look the same...

New gauges ...

Bigger storage ..

Interior in new lsv is nice..stay with lsv interior add reversible bench seat

And one bad ... wrap !

Limited edition boat !

Come on Malibu you need a bad ... ,monster wake boat !

450 hp engine standard

Bigger wedge

Larger surfgates

Need to get up there with the big boys !

Tige is coming out with a monster wake boat October 2nd ..

Nautique has the g's

Mastercraft xstar ...

These have huge wakes on factory ballast !

If Malibu that is better quality and more reliable can do

Something better ...

Maybe you should buy something else to boat in.

Maybe you should buy something else to boat in.

Maybe that's why Malibu owners are moving to g"s ..because of answers like yours...

If I wanted another brand would I waste my time asking Malibu for something better ...

Everyone is tired of fat sacs and .... How about some big factory ballast !!

Edited by WakeGirl

I am afraid to said that I think malibu is more concerned about fancy features and riding the surf gate wagon hard to even care about building a huge solid wake for boarding straight out of the gate. Surfing is becoming huge and they are marketing the surf gate well. I will say that most people buying G's and big mastercraps are wealthy people who will never use 1/8 of the boats potential. They want to make a statement about owning the biggest and most expensive boat even though all they do is sit in it and drink(big pet peeve of mine) or pull a bloody tube.

Would be very nice to have a bigger factory ballasted Wakesetter because there are people that want it and would use it. I just don't think Malibu is paying attention to care when they can say "new surf gate" and 10 rich people jump to the plate and pay cash.

Edited by black06VLX

G3 came out in 2010. It's what , 2013?

Fuzzy math.

Malibu has never been a follower that I can remember. Maybe if you dig all those other features and you love the .... power tower...... You probably love power turns too.

All I am saying, if those boats are appealing to you. Go get one.

Edited by WakeGirl
  • Like 2

Maybe that's why Malibu owners are moving to g"s ..because of answers like yours...

If I wanted another brand would I waste my time asking Malibu for something better ...

Everyone is tired of fat sacs and bullish.... How about some big factory ballast !!

Great, add 4k worth of ballast so people can brag about how big their wake is, but can barely clear the wake. As for the tower, well, it's a tower.

If Malibu came out with a tower like the "Power Tower", I'd specifically move on to something a LOT more reliable, less expensive, less potential problems, etc.

The biggest selling point in the entire Titan tower line is that they don't have problems. Their simple, strong, durable & don't cost me time, money or headaches for years on end.

As for ballast, I can get more air by improving my timing & skills. And frankly I'm getting so much air now that my body is going to take a beating if I get more.

• Like 2

You say you want more storage and ballast. You can't have one with out giving up the other.

The MC tower is ugly.

You buy the wrap as a after market deal. I have no need for a wrap and all wraps would be custom.

You will always have multiple motor choices. I have no need for a 450hp motor nor do I want to pay extra for it.

No manufacturer can't be everything to everyone.

If you like MC or Nautiques better you should go buy one. All of them are sweet boats.

The one thing I agree with is SG equipped boats should come with more factory ballast. I feel like Malibu is half-assing it in a way, even though the technology is really cool. From what I've seen/heard/read it seems like loading down the entire boat is the way to really get SG working well. With all the tech the other manufacturers are coming out with to make great surf waves, I feel like Malibu needs to hunker down and really compare how big their factory waves are versus the competition, and versus what the customer really wants and makes for themselves with aftermarket upgrades.

SG + 3k pounds of factory ballast would be getting somewhere for a factory effort if you ask me.

As for wakeboarding wakes, I agree with what others have said. Not many people need a wake bigger than what a 2004 Wakesetter with MLS was capable of making 10 years ago. For most it's just posturing...

The G23 is a nice boat but i don't like the X-Star, and both are very expensive.

But beside of the ballast size, i would like to see faster fill up and drain time. Or a more flexible system that my guest dont have to move around to get a good wake on both sides.

Most of the time i don't fill the ballast for wakeboarding, wake is big enough for all the tricks we can do... w2w 180, tantrum...

Seems like a tweak to the bow ballast is in order, now that the sg boats run so much in the rear. Malibu clearly figured out how to make that happen in the A22 with the pnp arrow sack. Especially now with the new 23 with more freeboard.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 2

The posting was new boat not change all boats !

A boat to stop others moving to g's and xstar's !

A Malibu that is a beast if needed !

Big factory ballast systems! For wake boarding and wake surfing !

Can't have storage and ballast some said ? The g's have plenty of both why not malibu !

Tower ..maybe choice of towers ...

Since you love the g3 so much .,...

With its crap speakers that most people change anyway ...

And only in 2014 models did they realize clamps is the way to go for racks ...

Is the surf gate wake the biggest out there ..no

Does it need extra weight ? YES

Does Malibu have. A large factory ballast system ? No way!

If it did we wouldn't have 1000' s of postings for hooking up fat sacs and pumps !

And how to weight the boat !

When someone spends 80000 plus on a boat last thing he wants is to add fat sacs to get

The surf wave or wake he wants!

Needs to be factory ballast system ,so it's monitored and everyone can fill as he wants ..,

And yes i want a big wake for wakeboarding and wake surfing !

Why shouldn't Malibu offer me a boat like that ..

And don't say buy a mc or g ...

Is there a market for boats like this ...hell yeah ! Look how many g's around !

look man, you add all that stuff and you are going to push people right into G23s. Sorry to say, but the 23 LSV is a value proposition boat at this point in light of how crazy prices have grown with the competition. As long as they are profitable to build, all those gadgets and gizmos on the competition's boats just make the malibus look like a better buy.

• Like 2

Better buy ...got those customers ...
How about the guys who have the cash and want the king of wakeboard and wakesurf boats ?
They are going to g's and your never getting them back unless
You can provide a boat just under the price range of the g's and xstar's
With the classy looks and monster wakes on demand !

Didn't say its a boat for everyone !
And Malibu needs a kick ... boat ..because nothing comes close to factory filled ballast of the g or xstar
And I will never buy either because ...to me malibu is more reliable and better quality ...
I still want the wakes of the g's and so do many more malibu owners ..

Edited by WakeGirl

Let's go through each of your requests:

- Malibu Kick ... wake edition !

Who else does this? Everyone markets a boat. Kick a** wake edition would be the MXZ 22/24 for wakeboarding, surfing would be the 23 or 247 LSV.

- New tower similar to mastercraft !

Mastercraft has the worst looking towers in the business. PASS. G3 is one of, if not the, best tower out there. So this is an awful point that no one is going to listen to.

- Factory ballast like G23!

Malibu would have to do one of two things, either stop being NMMA certified (which would be a good thing IMO) or have a super high freeboard like the G23.

- New rear end ...now all malibu's starting to look the same...

What is wrong with the current rear end on the Malibu's. Most brands have similar looks between models.

- New gauges ...

2013 VTX and 2014 23 LSV have new gauges. Done.

- Bigger storage ..

What is smaller about Malibu's storage than anyone else

- Interior in new lsv is nice..stay with lsv interior add reversible bench seat

Sounds

- And one bad ... wrap !

Most people don't want wraps on their boat and most wake boat companies don't offer them.

- Limited edition boat !

Malibu offers these every couple of years.

- Come on Malibu you need a bad ... ,monster wake boat !

Who is doing a monster wake boat? G23/G25. X-star "might" be called that but it has a ton of limitations and is pretty finicky in the wake. And all 3 of those boats are MORE EXPENSIVE than anything Malibu sells. So what you are asking is for Malibu to offer a more expensive boat. If Malibu can't make those numbers work then why do it?

- 450 hp engine standard

That would be great, but NO ONE is doing that.

- Bigger wedge

Would that help? No one else even has the wedge

- Larger surfgates
How does that help?

- Need to get up there with the big boys !

Malibu is the big boys. #1 selling wake boat

- Tige is coming out with a monster wake boat October 2nd ..

So they say. Let's see what it really is.

- Nautique has the g's
- Mastercraft xstar ...

And are more expensive

- These have huge wakes on factory ballast !

So do several of the Malibu boats. Depends on how huge you want - and how much money you are willing to spend.

- If Malibu that is better quality and more reliable can do
Something better ...

Who says Malibu is better quality and more reliable than Mastercraft/Nautique. Malibu is #1 in sales due to a balance of price/marketing/features/build style that more buyers want from Malibu than from the other brands. Mastercraft and Nautique do a lot of things well but also do a number of things a lot of buyers don't like.

You keep going back to the G. Of course it's a huge wake. It would be huge without ballast. The things weighs friggin 6k lbs out of the box. With that kind of weight alone it's big. Add the ballast, people, gear, gas, your pushing 10k of displacement thought the water. Both the G and X have fugly towers, the g looks horrible in my opinion. The star isn't too bad, but a new tower is really needed.

I've seen two Gs on the water. And for what it's worth, both were pulling tubes. I'm not bashing as people can do what they want with their money, but no need for that much ballast if you don't have the skills for it