Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Driver runs upon land... full throttle.

UpperleftWake

I sit here & try to think of a single, reasonable circumstance to explain that.....and I've got nothin'. You really can't fix stupid.

It appears that the online boaters safety course did not do him/her a solid.

• Like 2

if nothing else, didn't the skier see what was about to happen? Should have let go, maybe the driver would have stopped then? Either way, it's obvious that no-one in that video was paying attention to anything in front of them. Lucky that it was land and not another boat or swimmer, etc!

• Like 2

I see boaters pulling tubers EVERY weekend that are watching behind the boat more than in front of it.......I watch every day for the idiot that will do this on our lake.

My only hope is that they don't run into my dock or my shoreline.

I can only guess that the driver was watching the skier and not what was ahead of him. Something I stress to new drivers.

I've seen this happen before. Ski school instructor with family in the boat teaching a kid how to ski. Instructor driving along looking back at the kid and not paying attention to where he was going. Put the ski school boat about 6ft clear up on rocky shore. Thankfully everyone was okay. Can't say the same for the Mastercraft he was driving. We watched the ski school owners use two other boats to drag it back into the water off the rocks. Luckily it still floated. I heard it was over $10K damages.

Skiing at a good friends lake a few years ago. Dropped, but was a tad closer to the island than usual, boat was not a Malibu, but had the same letters used in Malibu in the 2 letters used for the boat's maker (MB)!! Trying to get going around the island, and I could tell we were gonna make it, so I dropped.. Waited for a few seconds for the MB to come around behind me, but it didn't. I then could hear some yelling and screaming coming from the other side of the island. AS I swam around the island, the bow of the boat was 5-6 ft up on the rocky shore. We pulled the boat off the rock and continued skiing. Glad it was the lake boat, rather than someone's personal boat. They sold the boat later that year! The scratches did not rub out!