Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

6 Volt System Performed outstanding

Wakesetter67

Last winter I decided to switch out my 2 Deep cell 12V battery's for a 6 Volt system, In the past on a long weekend or camping for a week and no shore charger available Towards the end they just could not keep up with my stereo needs, I'm running 4 Amps and about 4100 watts, Give or take a few Watts...(For Earbleed and co), I purchased 2 interstate 2300UT 6V Golf Cart Batteries, We also set up a regular, 12 V Battery for a back up, After a summer of Stereo Torture , and most know the system is on and on Loud most of the time, I did not have one low voltage situation, My charging system always was able to keep up with the demand, unlike my other 12 V System, Thanks again to the crew for the awesome recommendation, ...Bobby Light, I highly recommend this battery system, Also easy to maintain, keep them watered and an on board charger is the way to go, Anyway just thought I would share my experience, Here is a pic or 2, BTW 3 Years of absolute Exile System Torture and not one system fail amps,or speakers , courtbday039.jpg

courtbday034.jpg

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 2

His 12 volt is used as a backup. The pair of 6 volts will handle any application on our boats. No issue with cranking or anything at all like that.

They are truly a great solution for dollar spent per amp hour gained. Only down side is that they are tall but when you do the calculcation on amp hr per sq. in - still the best solution out there!

• Like 1

(For Earbleed and co),

Good one!

I have the same setup with similar results. The only two downsides are the size of the two together in a marine box as others have noted and the issue with filling them up with h2o. Not that filling them is hard, I just have to remember to do it so they function properly!

how does the footprint compare to a group 24? I understand that they are taller, but will a single 6v fit in a G24 box?

Footprint would be really close, there are actually some small spec differences per battery manufacturer, size, etc.. you'd have to check but they are typically really close to a 24 in footprint.