Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How far do you go?

Levi900RR

Depending on where we are camping or cabining, we will go 20+ miles on Dale Hollow to get to the ski course, our favorite restaurants, check out the dam, or just to cruise.

The main body of the lake is about 40 miles long, with long branches and coves in lots of directions.

the section behind my house is always glass, with zero traffic, so boarding there is perfect. But I don't surf there because I don't like throwing a 3ft wave into the neighbor's docks and boats, so we'll usually go a mile or two away to an section with no docks around, to be courteous.

Would love to have you as a neighbor.

We usually run either 6 miles down river or 6 miles up river from where we keep the boat moored. We will occasionally run 11 miles up river to get some good water depending on the wind direction.

Well these guys are going from Tennessee to Louisiana with a new 2014 23 LSV and an Axis A22. I am jealous.

www.voyage-movie.com

This is relevant to my interests. Looks like cool documentary. Please post when it comes out. I will likely forget about it by the time it comes out. Seems as though it should be out soon though...

Max distance about a half mile away. Idle out from dock, ski that half mile and back. She get's so little run time, but tons of party time, and it's consistently two or three times a week for months at a time.

Steve B.

Voyage looks really sweet. Can't wait to see it. Reminds me of the old show "Pull", where they strap a winch and supplies to a canoe and go down a river and shred it over a period of days. Anyone remember that?

Our whole chain of lakes is only about 2 or 3 miles in overall length. Takes about an hour to get from one side to the other with the no wake channels and all.

our lake is about 12 miles long and 2 miles wide with access to smaller bays and another small lake....so that is pretty much it ...never trailer

What do you think I'll burn for fuel going 40 miles cruising at 25-30 MPH? 20 Miles out, and 20 Miles back...

Please follow up and let us know what it finally takes. I'm thinking it would take mine 20 gallons or so. But really have no idea.

Steve B.

100 yards. One ski bud 5th house down the lake, and one 4th house up the lake. Ski 2 1/2 miles up the lake (river) pick up another skier and run back and forth. Had all glass tonight. :biggrin:

we start boarding 100 yards from the dock and go straight 8 miles, turn around and come back. That's our typical set.

We go get breakfeast, lunch or coffee sometimes in town, about 10 miles. It's a very fast trip if we need it to be.

furthest I've gone is 55 miles 4 different times. Too far to be enjoyable by the very end. One time got stuck in rain and waited it out at a dock.

Levi, if you want to camp and ski, try Waterbury Reservoir. The Green Mountain water ski club is based out of there (still, I think). They have one finger of the lake (always glassy) that is dedicated to skiing only. Just a quick ride down I-89 for you.