Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SeaDek interior

Cap305

So, one of my projects this winter is to resurface my interior flooring. The carpet is at end of life (past EOL in some areas). I had thought about re-carpeting it but was also wondering if anyone out there had installed SeaDek on the interior. I've seen some newer Nautiques with the faux teak and while I don't like the color I do like the look. Anyone out there done this mod to the interior? If so do you have pics and/or advice? Also, and this may be crazy talk has anyone done SeaDek over their old school teak swim platforms? I hate the slippery teak but love the old school look. Thanks in advance.

A guy on wakeworld did it to his older nautique. Do some searching on there and you should find it. I'd love to do mine, but my seat bases aren't fiberglass but carpet and I'm not sure how well I could get it to look.

Obviously I have it in mine now, and my previous G23... and I love it. The last one had gray, this one is the brown color.

Both have been terrific. Doesnt hold sand. Zero stains even with the best efforts of my boys, very durable....not till you get north of 95degs does it start to get hot to the touch. Dries very fast, so never once have I had the stinky lake water smell after having put the cover on.

Lots of traction, isnt slippery. Soft and pleasant to walk on with bare feet. I love everything about it.

I wish the brown color was a tad shade lighter.....but have no complaints, and would never want to go back to carpet after having this.

Obviously I have it in mine now, and my previous G23... and I love it. The last one had gray, this one is the brown color.

Both have been terrific. Doesnt hold sand. Zero stains even with the best efforts of my boys, very durable....not till you get north of 95degs does it start to get hot to the touch. Dries very fast, so never once have I had the stinky lake water smell after having put the cover on.

Lots of traction, isnt slippery. Soft and pleasant to walk on with bare feet. I love everything about it.

I wish the brown color was a tad shade lighter.....but have no complaints, and would never want to go back to carpet after having this.

Did you like the gray better than the brown color?

^^ I would characterize it as light to light medium.... no, zero issues whatsoever. I think the brown miiiiight get a tad hotter than the gray.... I had it for 6 months, 80+hrs put on the boat. I went with the brown this time to add some "warm" color to an otherwise black and white boat.

@nyryan2001: thanks, I also am at a point of a recarpet project and the closed cell foam idea is interesting. I have heard comments from the Centurion Carbon Pro gang that the floor does get hot but I also think those were darker colors. Was it a flat surface or a dimpled or bumped surface? Do you have any idea on thickness & lastly, any pictures to post?

Three options to ponder for a recarpet project in my mind:

1. replace carpet as original which is glued down to rough fiberglass floor

2. replace carpet but add snaps to allow easy removal for cleaning / drying purposes

3. closed cell foam on floor surfaces

Too many choices!!

Woodski- use the Seadeck brand... You stencil a template, send to them and then they return you your custom Seadeck mat. I've never done this though... Of course mine came in the Gs standard.

I'd go/reccomend the flat regular teak design.... And I can promise you the light gray carpet on my 247 got WAY hotter than this ever did, not even close. Even at 105-110 here this summer it never got so hot you couldn't walk on it... The 247 carpet would burn your feet in 95degs+ direct sun.

Some folks aren't sure what to think of it at first... Spend one day on a boat with it and folks love it.

It's gonna come down to two things for me:

1- Total Cost for SeaDek (I can justify $600-700 but not $1200)

2- What is under my existing carpet. Not sure if it's rough fiberglass or if it's got gel.

I love the look of the grey faux teak but......

Also, and this may be crazy talk has anyone done SeaDek over their old school teak swim platforms? I hate the slippery teak but love the old school look. Thanks in advance.

I did GatorGrip on the teak. I belt sanded all the oiled teak surface till it was dry, then had it sprayed with Linex bed liner with no grit (came out smooth like paint, thick like rubber, and tough). Then put the GatorGrip down on top using PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive). It's like 3 yrs old now & looks about the same as when it was new. I love it, but not enough that I'd want it all over the whole boat.

IMG_2021Large.jpg

BTW, I was just talking to one of our vendors about Seadek. I guess the lighter colors have shown a tendency to soak up things like sunscreen, drinks, etc., and stain.