Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flag holder for G3 tower?

rls34

I am tired of the kids losing flags over the side of the boat. Any one know of a good tower mountable "skier down" flag holder for the G3 towers? Open to ideas/suggestions....except tossing the kids. Wife says we have to keep them. Thanks.

I have the flag buddy on my Vride. When I had the bimini made on top of the tower, I made a flag with an extra long stick. Now when we pull the flag down, it's below the gunnels, out of sight. And when we raise it up, it's above the bimini, really obvious for others to see. And it's always attached, so harder to lose, drop overboard, etc.

I've been pulled over by the cops for having boat numbers that don't stand out enough & for general safety checks. But they like the flag buddy. It's simple, easy to use & easy for others to see. I believe the law in WA says it must be "operated by a person", but not actually held.

BTW, I looked that law up & found an update. Must be pertaining to the Solo.

"Remote-operated personal watercraft (PWCs designed to be operated by a towed person) must have a skier-down flag attached to the PWC."

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • 10 months later...

I purchased the airheads holder for their large foam flag. It goes on with zip ties whereever you want to put it. I should get it today and will tell you how it goes. It is $8 on Amazon.

Did you ever find a decent flag holder to fit around the 3" G3 Tower? The flag buddy only fits around a 2 1/2" pipe.

It doesn't go around the tube. I'll see if I can get a picture of my buddies. It's bolted to the flat part of the tower leg.

It doesn't go around the tube. I'll see if I can get a picture of my buddies. It's bolted to the flat part of the tower leg.

Where did he get it? I don't see anything from flagbuddy, bakes, etc. It sounds like exactly what I am looking for also.