Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best price on Wet Sounds products?

garyerland

There is just no other Class D out there that does what it does and does it as well as it does.

Is there some data you have access to that backs this up or are you speaking to a set of features that is has?

Something incorrect to point out about that review. And, it has no bearing what so ever on the product, but it is unfortunate that the reviewer of an amplifier doesn't know much about the topology of amplifiers.

There is no D to A or A to D conversion in a Class D amplifier because there is no real digital circuitry in a Class D amplifier. A Class D amplifier is purely an analog switching amplifier from beginning to end.

David

Is there some data you have access to that backs this up or are you speaking to a set of features that is has?

I think it is a combo of both...there is not another class D, 2 channel amp - full range amp that offers 620 watts x 2 channels at 2 ohms and pulls only 103 amps in the small size chassis. It is clear that Class D is all the rage in boats and this by far is the best Class D amp for running 4 tower speakers that require some serious power when using class D factors that include power and efficiency.

It has a lot of the features built in that folks want such as built in raised feet, auto sensing RCA remote turn on and the top mounted crossover control are super sweet!

Yes, there are other options - but I challenge you to find one that takes up as little r/e as the SD2 with the power to amp draw ratio.

That amp is not for everyone - it costs a lot of money and more power that many need. But for those looking for supreme power in a small package with really efficient current draw - hard to beat and maybe not beatable!

Edited by Murphy8166

I have purchased WS directly from their website, from my local dealer (never spend another dime at that place) and most recently from Earmark. Earmark was a pleasure to deal with, David and the team really seem like they want to help you, and the crew discount was nice. Congrats on retirement David (well earned)!

David/ Murphy-

If arc audio amps are the same as wetsounds why aren't you advising the op to save a little coin and get equal products?

The Syn and KS amps are not the same. The Syn series shares the KS platform, but from there, they are different. The Syn series have conformal-coated PCBs and other differences.

And let's get to the punch. The 600.2 can be had for truly 1/2 the price. As in well under $500 shipped, and yes auth dealer and full warranty.

WHERE is the legit 3rd party independent review of the WS?

But ARC is not a brand folks on here carry so let's fanboy it up and exaggerate things.

I love WS gear, but it's very pricey.

Oh that's strange on wake world it was made clear they are the same amps. I can understand the conformal coating but power and efficiency are the same yes?

John you know how these things work. Information can and will be added or omitted based on the message the agenda calls for on that particular day/thread/post/etc...

Well my agenda is to help. that is what this site is about so I'll ask again.why not recommend the arc amps if they are the same as wetsounds?

Murphy says "everyone knows that there is no difference b/t the WS Syn amps and Arc Audio KS amps. The links have been posted time and time again.

Syn 2: reviewed by PasMag: http://content.arcaudio.com/pdfs/rev...3002review.pdf

Syn 4 reviewed by PasMag:http://content.arcaudio.com/pdfs/rev...testreport.pdf

Look at the power numbers - not the 14.4 or the 12.6 but the mid 13's voltage"

David (Earmark) says "As for Wetsounds power....the Class H amplifiers share a platform with the Arc Audio amplifiers also designed by Robert Zeff. There are plenty of Pasmag independent reviews on the Arc site to substantiate the Wetsounds specs. In every case the amplifiers meet or exceed spec, oftentimes producing their 14.4V specs at only a mid 13 volt supply."

So why don't we tell the op that he can have the best for half the cost? Buy arc audio they are just as good unless your in salt water. Or am I way off base?

Edited by liljohn

I love the shell game that is being played here and on WW. I asked the same questions and got the same answers. They are the same, but they are not the same. And some of the Exile amps are the same as PG and since those didn't spec out right, Exile must be the same.

So as it stands, WS is the same, but better than Arc and Exile is the same as PG with no actual tests to prove anything.

Seems to me that LJ nailed it, buy the Arc amps. Same deal (supposedly) and make sure they don't get wet! :)

I've posted in this thread a couple of times. I don't believe there is anything in my comments here that should fuel a debate.

If you really want answers about products then PM me. If I receive concise questions, I can respond with concise answers.

David,

I have no reason to share a private conversation on a topic that should be public. I did ask a concise question of both you and Murphy. MLA answered and

contradicted both of you. This is not a debate. I'm simply seeking the facts. Something your vary good about.

Unless you can say other wise I look at this like you have pointed the OP towards an amp that cost twice what he needs to spend to get the same results. If the arc line is the same why wouldn't you steer the OP in that direction? It would leave him more money to pay for other up grades.

Hmm. I seem to recall the OP asking where to get the best price on Wetsounds, and the Stereo forum being closed for endless, looping debates, such as providing debate on answers to questions that weren't asked. :horse:

Edited by MalibuTime
  • Like 2

liljohn,

The answer to your question, as it pertains to this thread regarding the Wet Sounds SD series amps and the Arc KS series amp that was recommended, was offered on the 17th. Other than similar spec, the SD-2 and Arc KS600.2 have nothing in common.

Edited by MLA

David,

I have no reason to share a private conversation on a topic that should be public. I did ask a concise question of both you and Murphy. MLA answered and

contradicted both of you. This is not a debate. I'm simply seeking the facts. Something your vary good about.

Unless you can say other wise I look at this like you have pointed the OP towards an amp that cost twice what he needs to spend to get the same results. If the arc line is the same why wouldn't you steer the OP in that direction? It would leave him more money to pay for other up grades.

John,

Your Quote, "Unless you can say other wise I look at this like you have pointed the OP towards an amp that cost twice what he needs to spend to get the same results. If the arc line is the same why wouldn't you steer the OP in that direction? It would leave him more money to pay for other up grades."

Key Phrasing, "Unless you say other wise I look at this like you pointed the OP towards an amp..."

Gonna stand by that logic? Read the thread again. I made no recommendation of any product to the OP in this thread. Nor have I discouraged anyone from consideration of any product in this thread. I've only contributed here in this thread in the sense of applicational and technical issues independent of brand. Your question wasn't a question. It was an invitation to debate the subject. I'll pass. If you or anyone else has the need for real product information that I possess then feel free to PM me.

David

My apologies. You didn't steer the op. You simply didn't give him all the options available to him. I wasn't looking for a debate. I said it once and I'll say it again I'm looking for the facts. As Malibu time pointed out maybe this isn't the thread for it.

• 6 months later...

Yes, I think so for the immediate future. After over 5&1/2 years on this forum that is how people identify me. Keeping the name means there are certain restrictions that would still apply to me, like I'm not permitted to make product comparisons. And, I'm fine with that status.

And yes, after 34 years I am retired and sold 100% of my stock. No position, stock, or compensation of any type. My only affiliation is friendships with my previous coworkers. I worked with Odin for over 20 years and with Joe for over 30 years. I wish them the best and much success.

David

I am on the south side of DFW but always go to Earmark in Addison when I need car audio. They did my first system in my suburban back in 92 and have had several others done since. I have always worked with Joe in the past. Now I need a price for some Rev 10's, sub and amps for my new LSV. Which location should I go to?

MEYJR,

Joe has a real following and is often working with 2nd generation customers.

Joe and his staff have moved to a 10,000 sq.ft. facility in Lewisville a block east of I-35 at Valley Ridge Blvd.

The address, map and numbers are on the Earmark Marine website.

MEYJR,

Joe has a real following and is often working with 2nd generation customers.

Joe and his staff have moved to a 10,000 sq.ft. facility in Lewisville a block east of I-35 at Valley Ridge Blvd.

The address, map and numbers are on the Earmark Marine website.

David, Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to stop in next time I can get up there.