Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best price on Wet Sounds products?

garyerland

Hi All!

I would like to buy 2 sets of REV10s and a proper amp to power them, thinking the Sinister SD4

Who has the best deal on these?

Thanks!

For 2 pair, the SD-2 is a better choice. it will net you 300W rms to each speaker. The SD-4 would only deliver 185W rms to each.

Start with your local Wet Sounds installer. They offer the opportunity to see and hear the products in person. They can discuss your needs and goals with you face to face. They will also be there to support you after the purchase with setup and tuning assistance.

I agree with supporting your local dealer but if you can't find or don't trust your local dealer, Give Earmark a call and ask for Odin. Odin is now one of the owner of one of the 2 stores that Earmark has in DFW.

The number to the shop is (972) 612-6886.

Yes, after 34 years I am retired. But as a hobbiest, I still like to contribute in my areas of specialty.

You can still PM, email, or call Odin with Earmark off the public forum.

David

• Like 2

So will you continue to post under earmark marine even though you have "no affiliation" with the name anymore?

Yes, I think so for the immediate future. After over 5&1/2 years on this forum that is how people identify me. Keeping the name means there are certain restrictions that would still apply to me, like I'm not permitted to make product comparisons. And, I'm fine with that status.

And yes, after 34 years I am retired and sold 100% of my stock. No position, stock, or compensation of any type. My only affiliation is friendships with my previous coworkers. I worked with Odin for over 20 years and with Joe for over 30 years. I wish them the best and much success.

David

The SD2 would work to power all 4 in a single amp package - but boy is that a pricey amp (over $1000).

If you want 1 amp, why not the Arc Audio KS600.2 instead? At $630 shipped, that's a lot less cash for similar performance.

If you are willing to go with 2 amps to power the 4 towers, you might be better served from both a power output/overhead/money standpoint going with two 4-channel amps bridged to 2-channels using an amp like the PPI 900.4 @ $180/each.

Edited by Nitrousbird

^^^ If you guys are paying $630 shipped.... and those type of prices being offered your Arc and WS gear... you need to PM me asap for a contact....he can beat that quote by a mile.

but yes, Arc 600.2 terrific on Revs, 1 or 2 pair, your choice, it can do both. Ive had 4 different Amps on Rev10s over the years... Arc600.2 is by far the best.

Yes, I think so for the immediate future. After over 5&1/2 years on this forum that is how people identify me. Keeping the name means there are certain restrictions that would still apply to me, like I'm not permitted to make product comparisons. And, I'm fine with that status.And yes, after 34 years I am retired and sold 100% of my stock. No position, stock, or compensation of any type. My only affiliation is friendships with my previous coworkers. I worked with Odin for over 20 years and with Joe for over 30 years. I wish them the best and much success.David

Thanks for the clarification, but to add additional clarification vendors aren't allowed to talk about products they sell period in addition to product comparisons per the sites TOU's.

Edited by Bobby Light

For 2 pair, the SD-2 is a better choice. it will net you 300W rms to each speaker. The SD-4 would only deliver 185W rms to each.

Start with your local Wet Sounds installer. They offer the opportunity to see and hear the products in person. They can discuss your needs and goals with you face to face. They will also be there to support you after the purchase with setup and tuning assistance.

Thank you!

Thanks for the clarification, but to add additional clarification vendors aren't allowed to talk about products they sell period in addition to product comparisons per the sites TOU's.

Yep, that too. And, I'm fine with that.

The SD2 would work to power all 4 in a single amp package - but boy is that a pricey amp (over $1000).

If you want 1 amp, why not the Arc Audio KS600.2 instead? At $630 shipped, that's a lot less cash for similar performance.

If you are willing to go with 2 amps to power the 4 towers, you might be better served from both a power output/overhead/money standpoint going with two 4-channel amps bridged to 2-channels using an amp like the PPI 900.4 @ $180/each.

Arc doesnt have internet retailers, so a 9% savings to buy a product with no factory support should make one go hmmm? And the OP was already considering an SD, just not the most ideal model.

Thank you all for your input and recommendations. This is my third boat and in the past I have purchased and installed less than "high-end" audio equipment. When we are at the lake, we listen to music for 6-8 hours a day and listen to it pretty loud. As a result, I have purchased WAY more replacement amps and speakers than I care to admit. I am to the point where I am willing to spend what it takes to install a "bullet proof" system, no more cutting corners. We have one if not the best made boats on the water, it deserves an equivalent audio system!

Arc doesnt have internet retailers, so a 9% savings to buy a product with no factory support should make one go hmmm? And the OP was already considering an SD, just not the most ideal model.

Okay, pay $699 retail directly from Arc. Still less than $1049 for a very similar amp from Wet Sounds.

Thank you all for your input and recommendations. This is my third boat and in the past I have purchased and installed less than "high-end" audio equipment. When we are at the lake, we listen to music for 6-8 hours a day and listen to it pretty loud. As a result, I have purchased WAY more replacement amps and speakers than I care to admit. I am to the point where I am willing to spend what it takes to install a "bullet proof" system, no more cutting corners. We have one if not the best made boats on the water, it deserves an equivalent audio system!

Nice to hear that being said.

You can't go wrong with the WetSounds SD amps. There is just no other Class D out there that does what it does and does it as well as it does. Yes it is expensive - but it sounds like you are willing to make the investment in quality.

Nothing wrong with the Arc Amp...it is big and was really designed by Arc to take care of the tower speakers needs. Lot of boat audio out in Modesto with retailers putting anywhere from 8 to 24 Rev 10's on boat towers. Arc felt the need and built the amp.

I would try to work the angle of a "package deal" whereever you decide to purchase. Earmark is a great source and I know that there is alot of support that comes with it.

Okay, pay $699 retail directly from Arc. Still less than $1049 for a very similar amp from Wet Sounds.

One can even visit their local Arc dealer. Arc makes a great product, but similar in RMS output is as far as it goes. Those amps have very little in common.