Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who knows what these DECKadence mats cost?

kayakwv

Seen it in person very nice don't know cost. They had it own a 2014 LSV at SE WOW. The guys at Singletons said it did get hot, didn't hold any water. It was very soft on the feet and no way you could ever slip on it. Sorry thats all I have. You could call Singleton down in Atlanta sure they could give you more info. Also the one I seen had Malibu printed in it.

I'd like to get one with "Wakesetter" printed on it. I'd like to know if anyone has ever patterned a 2005VLX, and what it would look like with the bilge hatch cut out, so you could still access that easily.

For some reason I want to say $1200, but I can't remember if that's based on facts or not.

I am ready to order it, I hate my carpet so much. My dealer has a few voicemails into them but they haven't called back yet.

Ive used the Deckadence mat this season and have really enjoyed it. It feels great to the feet, everyone who gets in the boat comments on how much they prefer it over carpet. It can get warm sitting (the black logo gets hot) like the carpet or aqua fusion mat, but its so porous it cools down quick underway. It has been maintenance free, water and any small particles flow right through it. Its heavy enough to not have snaps and has a rubber backing so it stays in place. I have slid it forward a couple of times during the season, maybe a ½ inch or less after several trips and towing. The mat is about ½ inch think, but soft so standing you could feel if anything was under it and not so comfortable to knees. I need to take it out soon and do some detailing underneath, but after a season of use it looks brand new.

Ive not priced it yet for 14, but expect its around $1000 through Malibu for current models. If you template your own for prior models, the estimate I got last year was $12 sq. ft. and $20 -$50 sq. ft. for a logo depending on complexity. The logo is not printed, its cut, and pieced in, then backedthey will also do 2 inch edging for additional cost. I highly recommend the mat as an option or upgrade, but would stay away from a large dark logo. The primary color on my mat is Luna Silver.

3e825199-72a9-4f9d-8aaa-e1b5ae7d9e58_zps

You don't think the logo is good because it gets too hot?

The size logo I have and the one Malibu is using is fine, but black gets hot. I would never have one as large in the MC pic above, unless it was a lighter color. Edited by thtrog

Ive used the Deckadence mat this season and have really enjoyed it. It feels great to the feet, everyone who gets in the boat comments on how much they prefer it over carpet. It can get warm sitting (the black logo gets hot) like the carpet or aqua fusion mat, but its so porous it cools down quick underway. It has been maintenance free, water and any small particles flow right through it. Its heavy enough to not have snaps and has a rubber backing so it stays in place. I have slid it forward a couple of times during the season, maybe a ½ inch or less after several trips and towing. The mat is about ½ inch think, but soft so standing you could feel if anything was under it and not so comfortable to knees. I need to take it out soon and do some detailing underneath, but after a season of use it looks brand new.

Ive not priced it yet for 14, but expect its around $1000 through Malibu for current models. If you template your own for prior models, the estimate I got last year was $12 sq. ft. and $20 -$50 sq. ft. for a logo depending on complexity. The logo is not printed, its cut, and pieced in, then backedthey will also do 2 inch edging for additional cost. I highly recommend the mat as an option or upgrade, but would stay away from a large dark logo. The primary color on my mat is Luna Silver.

3e825199-72a9-4f9d-8aaa-e1b5ae7d9e58_zps

a couple questions:

how do you access the front/center bilge hatch; and how difficult is it?

do you have the mat over old carpet or just the base floor?

thanks

We have it in our 2014 MXZ and enjoy it quite a bit. We upgraded from the aquamat once it was announced. It does stay cool and dry. It is quite tacky and would be hard to slip on even when wet. Water passing through it finds the drains on the floor. There may be a small amount trapped under it but we find the floor to be dry at the end of the day. I recall being quoted $1600 MSRP for the mat. Stupid expensive I know, so is everything else.

We have it in our 2014 MXZ and enjoy it quite a bit. We upgraded from the aquamat once it was announced. It does stay cool and dry. It is quite tacky and would be hard to slip on even when wet. Water passing through it finds the drains on the floor. There may be a small amount trapped under it but we find the floor to be dry at the end of the day. I recall being quoted $1600 MSRP for the mat. Stupid expensive I know, so is everything else.

What is your opinion of the aqua fusion mat? Why did you "upgrade" away from the aqua fusion mat???

What is your opinion of the aqua fusion mat? Why did you "upgrade" away from the aqua fusion mat???

We ordered it before anyone had seen it as it is new for '14. The Malibu area rep. told our dealer that it was a blend of the water efficiency and resilience of the Aquamat and the plushness of carpet. With a 1.5 year old daughter likely crawling around on the floor, this was an option that was attractive. All this being said, it is not nearly as plush as carpet. It is soft on feet but kneeing on it is a touch uncomfortable after a bit.

I don't have any experience with the Aquamat product; however, it was our choice over carpet. I wasn't going to have carpet again. It holds too much water and takes forever to fully dry. We decided based on the description provided us and rolled the dice on the product. I really like it. It is holding up well but I don't think it is wort the price they are charging.

So they will make one for your pre snap in carpet boat and it will act like a carpet saver,

I don't see why you could not lay it on your existing carpet or remove it. I doubt they will have a template, so you would have to make one or cut it yourself.

a couple questions:

how do you access the front/center bilge hatch; and how difficult is it?

do you have the mat over old carpet or just the base floor?

thanks

You just roll it back to access the bilge, just like the snap in carpet. Mine is just over the texture fiberglass floor.

question: does it snag?

I have not noticed any snags, it's appears to be a blown vinyl with almost a rubber feel. I would expect a fish hook would snag it or get caught in it.

You say water flows righ through, where does it go? Does it get moldy?

The water drains to the bilge, but much faster than with carpet. It has been one of the wettest summers I can remember and I've not noticed any mold, I'm not say it won't in the right conditions. I do not cover my boat if it is wet, it goes in the shed and stored on an downward grade.

I have no personal experience with the aqua fusion mat. I experienced the decadance mat on Saturday while driving a new 2014 VLX. I can see that it would hold up well and be easy to maintain and keep looking new, but it feels/looks a little like a lufa sponge. I'm going to steam clean my snap out carpet this week and see what the results are. Of course, from a looks and feel perspective I prefer new snap out carpet, but snap out carpet doesn't stay new looking/feeling for very long...

Cory,

I've had the Agua Fusion mat and have no complaints with it over carpet. It does not feel as comfortable as the carpet when the carpet is new. The AF mat also dries well and does not absorb water and never soggy, but is solid underneath and can trap some water.

THROG, didn't you start with the auqa fusion mat this year? Why did you move away from it to the decadance mat?

Yes, I have a new AF mat for my boat that will go with it when/if I sell it.

Didn't read your second question - I ran the aqua fusion mat in my boat last year and was very pleased so I ordered it again. I had seen the Deckadence in a Tige and was working on getting it for my new boat before Malibu had decided to offer it OEM.

Edited by thtrog