Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bad phone call

wheelman

Have to vent :mad: Just got a phone call from friend up at the lake and told me that my boat got broken into last night on the lift. He noticed the corner of my cover was off and went to check it out. Says all compartments and glove box have been gone through and stuff thrown all over boat. Sounds like my amps and speakers are still there but not sure on subs, flow cam gone and a bunch of riding gear, didn't leave any boards in there thankfully. Won't know what all is missing till I get up there on Thursday. Now I get to stew about it all week. You know I don't care what people to do to make their money as long as their not stealing from someone that works hard to earn their nice things. Why can't I catch one of these f ing thieves one of these times.

:rant:

On my lift in the water. We are not even connected to a dock so they had to wade out there and some how boost them selves up to get into boat. Swim grid is probably 3 feet out of the water

Sorry to hear that...and hope you can find the individuals/perps and educate them in a very informative and physical kinda interactive way that taking your hard earned stuff or others for that matter is not a way to go thru life and that there are consequences for their actions. Hope you have great insurance!

Damn that sucks.

A couple years ago the ba$tards got my Nav deck, amps and iPod from my truck. The 1 night the alarm was in valet mode...

The 'violated' feeling takes a while to get over....

That really sucks, thieves are scum. If your boat is suspended by itself in the water, they probably drove up in another boat and hoped onboard. I have a bunch of friends who slip their boats and leave a baby monitor on it. The newer type can even display a picture on your cell phone. Might not prevent a theft but might give you some heads up to call the PD.

Edited by Zombie

Just remember you cannot use deadly force to defend property (and stay out of jail) ... Just to defend lives.... Food for thought.

I feared for my life, and he had what appeared to be sharp shiny object in his hand and was waving it in a striking fashion.

I feared for my life, and he had what appeared to be sharp shiny object in his hand and was waving it in a striking fashion.

Teenage kids in our neighborhood have been sneaking into garages to steel beer from peoples beer fridges... Not a good idea in Texas. The shiny thing in his hand might only be a silver bullet.

Post up pics of your stolen gear.... 15k members... We are kinda like elephants, we never forget. Also, lets us know what marina, city, state so we have a reference.

Osoyoos lake, Osoyoos BC, Canada, boat was on lift out front of my summer place. Was planning on pulling it out next weekend, damm one week too late. Will update gear when I find out what's gone. Thanks guys.

Dude, that sucks my dad always told me the 2 worst things in the world is a liar and a thief and he was spot on. I have always made sure to stay away from both.

The Supra I used to have was sold because it had the stereo stolen twice while on the lift. Owner deemed the boat bad luck. I would have hid a deer blind camera on it and used it for bait. Might be something to consider, if you hide it in the right spot it might also get the numbers on the boat used for the theft.

Just remember you cannot use deadly force to defend property (and stay out of jail) ... Just to defend lives.... Food for thought.

Depends on where you are. Some places, under certain circumstances, you can use deadly force to defend property, even against criminal mischief, particulary if its dark out. (although you wouldn't want to kill someone over property)

Depends on where you are. Some places, under certain circumstances, you can use deadly force to defend property, even against criminal mischief, particulary if its dark out. (although you wouldn't want to kill someone over property)

A guy in San Antonio got off after killing a prostitute ( I think, might have been a stripper) that was leaving his house with his money, but she didn't render services. Shot her in the neck if I recall.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/jilted-john-acquitted-texas-prostitute-death-article-1.1365975

Edited by Asmodeus2112

I caught someone stealing a stereo and chased em down in a lifted 72 ford truck with a large steel bumper. They were in an early 80's Toyota van. I rammed em from behind and totaled their car. We chased em for about 3 miles but they were able to get away when my brakes overheated and went out. At least they didn't get away with it without any incident. Felt pretty good. Almost glad I didn't actually physically catch them. I prolly would have been the one to get in trouble.

If you lived in Florida you could...provided you are in fear for your life...which I would be if I asked for my stuff back and they said "No"...

I caught someone stealing a stereo and chased em down in a lifted 72 ford truck with a large steel bumper. They were in an early 80's Toyota van. I rammed em from behind and totaled their car. We chased em for about 3 miles but they were able to get away when my brakes overheated and went out. At least they didn't get away with it without any incident. Felt pretty good. Almost glad I didn't actually physically catch them. I prolly would have been the one to get in trouble.

Since you live in California, I am surprised you are not in jail...or the subject of a personal injury suit...

I almost shot my brother in law for coming in my boat without drying off first. He just sat down forcing water into my seat cushions!

I was so scared for my life, shooting him was completely justified. Too bad my 2 nephews and niece were in the boat. They saved daddy that day.

I feel your pain, I used to be the owner of a 2002 vlx, but it got stolen from my "Secure" storage facility last winter. It turned up about a month later in a field. Completely gutted. Nothing left but a hull. there are some bad people out there. Thank god for insurance.