Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dodge 1500 Diesel

nyryan2001

Ya I bet. Saw a roush supercharged Svt Raptor On the local dealer lot. It had a bunch of other upgrades too. Had been sitting for awhile. Sticker was $72k.

The roush is the super conservative option.

You are not kind to my wallet. First the Exile system and now waiting on my 5 Star tune to arrive.

Now you can get that boat to the lake faster to listen to them exile tunes :rockon:

^^ In 2007 and 08 they put the 3.0 Benz diesel in the Grand Cherokee and it was no world beater in sales. Slightly smaller numbers compared to the VM motor (376 tq IIRC vs. 420) but still a stout package.

The 3.0 is a great motor in the smaller SUV's. My Touareg had 250hp and 420tq. I averaged 23mpg unloaded and 13mpg towing. Great car when not in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I've got more than that stock, and I'm not even stock anymore.

Bobby

What mileage are you getting empty highway and pulling?

What size tires and wheels do you have?

I've been seriously debating going diesel or ecoboost for my next tow vehicle. I seem to change my mind every week. Because of this I've been following gas/diesel prices for the last month. On average diesel is .50-.60 more per gallon which was actually higher than I thought. Then you factor in the higher costs of maintenance (mainly oil changes). Resale is substantially better with a diesel and longevity on an ecoboost is the one unknown. Both have pros and cons. It's going to be a rough winter trying to decide what to buy next...

We have been doing the math on the diesel vs. gas vs. maintenance vs. life expectancy etc. since we found out about the new light duty diesel. My wife and my 10 yr. old have concluded that they don't care what size engine is in it, or what fuel it runs off, or how many "extra" couple hundred pounds that it will pull. They want the Chevy Silverado! I think they are tired of hearing about my comparisons, and want the one that looks the best.

• Like 1