Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what prop on Response for slalom?

BillM22

What prop will give the best slalom wake on my 2001 Response Lx? Size and pitch?

I purchased my BU this spring from the original owner. She said, she did not know what pitch prop was on the boat but it was NOT the original prop. It is a three blade prop. I hit a small log on the river and need to replace or repair this prop.

Ok. I guess I need to do some searching around to find out how much info is here at the crew.

There's TOO much, sometimes it's easier to just post a thread. 2 replies within 2 minutes :thumbup: . When I'm working on the boat I use it like an online chat resource. :werule:

Edited by TrickyNicky

Acme 515,

BTW I just checked the propeller database under the resource section. :biggrin:

A terrific prop for that boat, but if it's a strictly slalom boat I'd go with the ACME 525 instead. If he's doing any footing the 515 might be a better choice. Sounds like the 525 is the same prop sixball and paul are recommending.

Edited by SeanQ

I have the Acme 515, great at sea level, hitting about 5000 - 5100 rpm depending on load, 47 Mph. Up at the lake 11000 feet,

I loose 500 rpm. Top out at 40 mph. Cuts into my barefooting so i'm going to have to reprop for the altitude.

By the way, I replaced my prop up at the lake with a new 515, dinged the old one. Now I get Prop Sing between idle and 1100 rpm when i'm in gear. Anyone else experiance this and does filing the tailing edge actually work as recomended by Acme? Or should I send the prop back to them?

Can you provide more detail on the Acme trailing edge filing? It does make a difference particularly if the edge is not in good shape.

Woodski.

Check out this post.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45986-high-pitch-whining/?p=642541

We prefer the XMP 330 and use the 515 stock prop as a spare. Seems like there is a smaller rooster and softer table at 28-32mph ? Amount of fuel and where weight is in the boat can have a bigger impact on wake quality.