Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Verdict on Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth

Murphy8166

I have read a couple of the threads and it seems like there have been multiple revisions on the blue tooth dongle. Has it been resolved and if so, what revision number or letter is the latest.

Also, how does it sound with the RF black box? Similiar input strength to that of the Aux In RCA's

Thanks

Are you asking about the Rockford RFXBT or the OEM Medallion BT that is daisy-chained in with the 3.5MM AUX? I know the OEM Medallion BT has had a number of revisions.

As to the SQ and performance of the OEM Medallion BT. The sound quality was poor and the line level i think was measured in negative volts, it was sooo weak.

If you are asking about rev_F of the mobile device gateway (MDG), I finally received and installed it earlier this week. I've only played with it a few times since installing it, but it appears to have a solved all the connection issues. It also seems to connect a little quicker than the previous version (when it did connect). It's a very simple swap out that takes 5 mins to do.

Edited by Cory

The Fosgate one sucks, and I have talked to Nelson at Patrick Ind. about it. I may have a crappy dongle or a crappy black box, but its the worst BT connection I have ever heard. Nelson's advice was to swap in another dongle or BB and see if it is any different. Not gonna waist money and buy another dongle to check it out. And not gonna b**** to my dealer about a BB that seemly works ok except for the Bluetooth .

Kinda crappy, but I'll just plug my phone in.

The Fosgate one sucks, and I have talked to Nelson at Patrick Ind. about it. I may have a crappy dongle or a crappy black box, but its the worst BT connection I have ever heard. Nelson's advice was to swap in another dongle or BB and see if it is any different. Not gonna waist money and buy another dongle to check it out. And not gonna b**** to my dealer about a BB that seemly works ok except for the Bluetooth .

Kinda crappy, but I'll just plug my phone in.

Well that is dissapointing to hear but it is par for the course with the RF and Malibu stereo adventure.

What blows my mind is that Malibu is not capable of making good decision when it comes to putting a stereo in their boats. I was on a nautique last week that had the polk audio black box and it was about the best interegrated stereo I have ever seen. Nautique has it figured out when it comes to the stereo.

Malibu...figure it out, you are really missing the boat on something so simple as a stereo!!!!!!

I wish they could just make the auto volume work well enough to actually use. 10 volume notches per setting would be awesome. I know it is as simple as basic reprogram of the Malivue .

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • 1 year later...

Curiously I opened a case with Rockford Support re the fade in/out issue and I got the following reply :

yes, there are different ones, where and when did you buy it? can you read the numbers on the back of it?

I went back to them with the 'numbers on the back' and the silence is deafening - maybe they just realised they opened a can of worms...

Mine says "Model:BTD2" on the back

• 6 years later...
  • 11 months later...