Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Urgent help needed (Black box) RF amps won't turn on.

Waynerzman

I posted earlier about my black box display going backwards. Found out there is a master reset on black box so I had to loosen it to find the reset. Turns out that my display is fixed but now my damn amps won't turn on!!!

Obviously I loosened something moving the black box. I took that stupid amp board and moved it so I can look under it (don't get me started on that damn board!!) everything is connected.

Is there a fuse somewhere for the Amps? The only fuse I found was a 10 amp inline fuse and its fine. Amazing how they have this s*** so damn tight you can't move nothing around without causing another problem.

Someone please help me get my amps going so I can get on the water this weekend and have tunes for what is my last weekend likely of very hot temps here !! Thanks

I would break out a volt meter and check the remote wire at the amps should be reading 12v when the stereo is turned on, if not there is your problem. There are better stereo guys on here but this is an easy check.

Is this a problem that happened after install or did the amps work fine one day and then just stop working the next.

The remote lead on the BB can be tricky. You want to make sure that you are not using the drown remote leads with the bullet connectors. They are labeled remote turn on....confusing.

Hi guys. The problem was the short blue wire and it popped out a tiny 1/3 cm inline fuse from moving my BB. Why they put such short and thus tight wires with a big board to cover all the spaghetti is beyond me. There's so much room behind that board. Why not have 8" extra of wire. That way if you have to pull a component off you can actually get at it to inspect it.