Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Model: Mastercraft Xtract

UpperleftWake

Rescued an X-1 off the rocks today on the same river. Prop all the way back to the rudder, broken shaft, tons of fiberglass damage. :( Rented boat. Did you get the insurance? Don't know. They didn't offer it to me. You're supposed to stay to the left of the red buoys going up river.

Here's my card, we can fix it. Felt like an ambulance chaser, but they were thankful for the help.

Edited by skurfer

If water weighs 62 pounds per cubic foot and the a** of the boat right there weighs what do you think? almost a ton or closer to 1500#?

an air mattress let's say twin so around 74"x39"x24" could lift up as much as it is displacing. so only the parts of the mattress that are actually touching the water are lifting. If the mattress were submerged it could in theory displace almost 2,250# of water since the density of water is 1,000kg/m3

is that what we're saying here? cause that doesn't sound 100% right?

I didn't think it sounded right either but I read up on lift bags and the concept is accurate, whether or not your measurements are accurate, i have no idea - but the concept is accurate. I learned something today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifting_bag

I am pretty sure the 25 doesn't have tracking fins. If they air up the back as much as possible and get lots of muscle up on the front they may be able to set her free. Lots of guys lifting together will surprise you. I talked about 20 drunk guys into moving a car one time after a UT football game after we where blocked in.

• Like 1

IIRC you are right. 25 came with tracking fins if you opted for the 6.2 Ilmore, but not with engines below. I think tracking fins are standard now b/c the 25 doesn't turn that well without them. That boat very well could not have tracking fins. Hopefully escaped with some minor scratches.

If water weighs 62 pounds per cubic foot and the a** of the boat right there weighs what do you think? almost a ton or closer to 1500#?

an air mattress let's say twin so around 74"x39"x24" could lift up as much as it is displacing. so only the parts of the mattress that are actually touching the water are lifting. If the mattress were submerged it could in theory displace almost 2,250# of water since the density of water is 1,000kg/m3

is that what we're saying here? cause that doesn't sound 100% right?

Yes that is what i am saying.... while i'm not completely sure of the dimentions or accuracy of the numbers ...the point is.. Provided that you could get a mattress under there and get it 100% submerged and inflate it without it popping. (which would not be easy).. but if you could do it, or even partly do it, it would add a whole lot of lift and would certainly help a lot even if it didnt completely float it. . ..