Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Model: Mastercraft Xtract

UpperleftWake

That'll buff out. Nice looking 25, I heard the camped, woke up and the water was down. But like Tyler said, they should have just waited until the water came back up, instead of pulling it off.

Looks like the tip of Ross Island ya?

That bridge in the upper right looks awfully familiar... Does water even recede that much on the Willamette? You would think something like this would more likely happen at a reservoir.

That'll buff out. Nice looking 25, I heard the camped, woke up and the water was down. But like Tyler said, they should have just waited until the water came back up, instead of pulling it off.

Hopefully! It is certainly a nice looking Mastercraft... just a shame it ended up in that position. They either were completely obliterated, or not familiar with the area... or someone pulled the plug in that river/lake.

I'm scared to know this impact of this. the mattresses (adding to the point that they were camping and the water level got them) if they help at all, just make pulling it off the shore scarier. (if that's what they did) wait it out and pray, and don't let your friends take pictures to show your dad!

Lucky they didn't anchor stern in.

Stuff like this happens. Just because they didn't know all the tricks to the body of water they are on doesn't mean they're idiots. While I am sure they won't allow it to happen again, things like this could happen to anyone. Unless you ask someone about any little thing that could happen, how are you to know?? We boaters are a fickle bunch....

• Like 2

I bet that thing is rocking a broken tracking fin, bent strut and damaged prop/rudder. It is just laying on them in that picture. If the water is only up to the knees of the guy behind the boat, imagine how shallow it is a few feet forward.

I really want to know what is with the dude holding the thin rope :unsure:

thats to hook up to the other wakeboat and yank it off at full throttle !!! LOL

I doubt there is any damage... the underwater gear isnt that fragile, tracking fins and struts break from the force and weight of the boat slamming against something underway...... as long as there isnt violent wave damage slamming the boat on its gear. But a gentle tide going out.... def not something I want for mine, but I doubt there is damage. maybe a bent pop if anything.

• Like 1

They should just start digging, and send someone hoofing off to the nearest store for a case of beer to drink and a few bags of chips to munch while they wait for the water to come up.

In other news, do you see the farmers tan on the kid in the black tank top. Dude needs to get out more. Why is there only one tent with all them dudes?

Well the box on the tent said 4-5 person tent so they went with it!!!

• Like 1

Using the airmattres is not as dumb as it may first appear... actually it could be very smart if they position it properly

But they would have to be carefull to place it in the right spot.

Think about it this way. It does the exact opposite of a fat sac.

water weighs 8.3 lbs per gallon

so If you fill a 100 gallon SAC in your boat and fill it with water it adds 830Lbs.

But if you do the reverse submerge a 100 gallon fat sac under your boat and then inflate it with air. It will displace an equal amount of water so you should get 830 lbs of lift.

• Like 1

If water weighs 62 pounds per cubic foot and the a** of the boat right there weighs what do you think? almost a ton or closer to 1500#?

an air mattress let's say twin so around 74"x39"x24" could lift up as much as it is displacing. so only the parts of the mattress that are actually touching the water are lifting. If the mattress were submerged it could in theory displace almost 2,250# of water since the density of water is 1,000kg/m3

is that what we're saying here? cause that doesn't sound 100% right?

Nice.

No clue where thats located, but we've seen that happen to 20 boats at a time at Crescent Bar a time or two. The power company runs the water down unannounced sometimes & everyone is caught high & dry.

The air bag idea is a good thought, but like BS said, you need to sink them first, then inflate them. And the chances of them having a pump capable of doing it is slim. The idea is the same premise why an Air Dock works.

A few years ago a guy on WW posted pics of his X2 high & dry in the mud on Long Lake. They tried to wait it out but the power company just lowered the lake even further. After like 3 weeks he finally hired a helicopter to pull it out for a couple gs. As I recall there was no damage.

We watched marine assistance yank a boat down off the rocks at Shasta last week. They had run it up the shore like 20' or 30', obviously tore up the running gear (on an I/O). So pulling it back down was just adding a little more to a lot of damage it already had. In the end, the boat floated fine & they towed it home.

Nice.

No clue where thats located, but we've seen that happen to 20 boats at a time at Crescent Bar a time or two. The power company runs the water down unannounced sometimes & everyone is caught high & dry.

The air bag idea is a good thought, but like BS said, you need to sink them first, then inflate them. And the chances of them having a pump capable of doing it is slim. The idea is the same premise why an Air Dock works.

A few years ago a guy on WW posted pics of his X2 high & dry in the mud on Long Lake. They tried to wait it out but the power company just lowered the lake even further. After like 3 weeks he finally hired a helicopter to pull it out for a couple gs. As I recall there was no damage.

We watched marine assistance yank a boat down off the rocks at Shasta last week. They had run it up the shore like 20' or 30', obviously tore up the running gear (on an I/O). So pulling it back down was just adding a little more to a lot of damage it already had. In the end, the boat floated fine & they towed it home.

Ouch, the thought of being so disoriented, ^ ed up or plain lost and driving 20 or 30 up a bank is scary. You really have to pay attention to what you know vs. what you think. Rocks and shore become inky black in a dark sky. As long as I am far enough away from other boats I'll run my tower lights if I am in unfamilar waters at night. And as I've mentioned before also on Sammamish during Salmon season as the indians are allowed to net and I have seen more than one of them running around at night with no nav lights.

Hijack, did you get clear weather for Shasta? Or did you get some smoke? Need to post up some pics if you haven't already.

Ouch, the thought of being so disoriented, ^ ed up or plain lost and driving 20 or 30 up a bank is scary. You really have to pay attention to what you know vs. what you think. Rocks and shore become inky black in a dark sky. As long as I am far enough away from other boats I'll run my tower lights if I am in unfamilar waters at night. And as I've mentioned before also on Sammamish during Salmon season as the indians are allowed to net and I have seen more than one of them running around at night with no nav lights.

Hijack, did you get clear weather for Shasta? Or did you get some smoke? Need to post up some pics if you haven't already.

This happened in broad daylight. We had been riding right by the entrance to the O'brien inlet for a couple hours & didn't see them. Then one pass, whoa, check that out! By then a houseboat had beached nearby & they had already called for help. Someone pulled a stupid manuever. Maybe they were drunk. But we never saw any cops..... at that particular moment.

This one however was under investigation. It was over by Bridge Bay.

20130902_151130_zps5865a851.jpg

I'll post a video in another thread.... hijack off.