Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wish I'd seen this old ski show......

Bill_AirJunky

We used to go to the sea World ski shows in San Diego when we lived out there and we went to the one at Sea World Ohio once. When we went to Sea World in Orlando a few years ago, they no longer had a ski show. Very dissappointed to say the least. Wonder why they stopped doing the ski show. I know they had the boat accident at Sea World Ohio several years ago but I'd be surprised if they stopped the shows due to that. After all, they don't stop the killer whale show just cause Shamu kills a trainer or two...

We used to go to the sea World ski shows in San Diego when we lived out there and we went to the one at Sea World Ohio once. When we went to Sea World in Orlando a few years ago, they no longer had a ski show. Very dissappointed to say the least. Wonder why they stopped doing the ski show. I know they had the boat accident at Sea World Ohio several years ago but I'd be surprised if they stopped the shows due to that. After all, they don't stop the killer whale show just cause Shamu kills a trainer or two...

That's cause trainers are easier to replace than killer whales! And Shamu said he/she would eat any more trainers.

And by age 13 I wanted my own wonderwoman!!

Edited by happypappy
  • Like 1

I know they had the boat accident at Sea World Ohio several years ago but I'd be surprised if they stopped the shows due to that. After all, they don't stop the killer whale show just cause Shamu kills a trainer or two...

Sea World Ohio's last year was 2000, sold due to lack of business.

Sea World Ohio's last year was 2000, sold due to lack of business.

That's because they canceled the ski show. :)

I knew they had sold the park off and gotten rid of the animal exhibits. Last time we were there was probably 1998 or 99.

We used to go to Marine World in the bay area when it was at Redwood Shores (now Oracle HQ). I even worked there the last year it was open in 1985 (15 at the time).

They had a great ski show, even if they used MC's :-)

post-18550-0-47087700-1379178380_thumb.j

Magic Mountain in Valencia, CA. had a bad a** ski show. I remember seeing it three times when I was under the age of 10. They had MC Stars and Stripes that they used for the show. I still remember that as being my favorite part of the whole park. Imagine that?. I remember the bat turns , round the boats, and just plain bad a** boat driving. I find it comical that at that age, in the early 80's that is what I remember most about our trips to a giant amusement park (Wally World for you National Lampoon's fans).

There is still a ski show club here in Portland, OR. and I know quite a few of the members. It's a dying breed around here as most of the members are aging and there is no young talent interested in joining. I still get a kick out of watching those shows... And I have seen the Portland water spectacular about 20-30 times.